5.1 Surround Sound Headphones..

Status
Not open for further replies.

BstOnTheBrain

Baseband Member
Im looking for a pair of 5.1 Surround Sound headphones with or without a mic. besides the Zalman ZM-RS6F cause they look huge but really am looking for something else..any ideas? Dont worry about price or size like i just mentioned

Medusa 5.1 (not the USB version). My roommate has them and they are pretty cool but some say different. around $120 on ebay.

All 5.1 surround sound headphones suck and are very sh!tty quality. Don't listen to anything anybody here tells you, as nobody (well, almost nobody) knows anything about headphones here. If you really want to know about good headphones, I woould go to head-fi.org. Het a pair of grado sr-125's or sennheiser hd595's.

003, lol - That statement is pretty vague. What do I need to know about 5.1 Surround Sound Headphones? I'm not into hi-fi recording and don't need studio headphones.

All I know is my Zalman Theater 6 5.1 headphones are not sh!tty.
They are fantastic for gaming, "BF2" I actually like using the headphones better then my z-5500's. The positional sound seems much tighter and direct with the headphones. It feels more realistic. I guess that's because the sound waves reach your eardrums much faster. I'm not going to pretend that I have "extended knowledge" about audio, but I certainly know what sounds good to me.

Not just games, but movies & music sound great too.

The only thing I hate about them is they don't have a MIC attached to them. Which is ok because I use another mic which is very good. And the only time I actually use the mic is in clan wars.

Oh by the way, "DJ-CHRIS" would be the TF member to talk about head phones with. He's got a great knowledge in the audio sector.

Typical response I would expect from a casual PC enthusiast/gamer. Anybody who wishes to humiliate themselves with their lack of knowledge about headphones, please go here and try to explain to everybody how good 5.1 headphones are:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/

003 said:
Typical response I would expect from a casual PC enthusiast/gamer. Anybody who wishes to humiliate themselves with their lack of knowledge about headphones, please go here and try to explain to everybody how good 5.1 headphones are:
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/

Typical response from someone who knows to much for their own good in this particular situation. Yowsers man, you need zero knowledge to know what sounds good when you hear it. He said he's looking for 5.1 so that's what i'm suggesting.

But I'm saying that all 5.1 headphones (well, all the sub $300 ones anyway) suck. Which is a fact. Both the medusa (lol) 5.1 and the zalman 5.1 headphones are both very cheaply made, they have the cheapest possible drivers, the cheapest possible cable, and the cheapest possible casing. Have you ever once wondered why they are so much cheaper than most stereo headphones made by grado or sennheiser? There is a set of 5.1 headphones made by panasonic that is actually pretty good (but still not as good as you'd expect for their high price), for $900.

I understand, you get what you pay for but I most definately am not willing to spend over $200 on headphones and i think most people would be in the same boat i am. I also wouldn't be in the market for stereo headphones either. Stereo sound just doesn't cut it.

I would say i know a whole hell of alot in the sound department but its more toward PA, car audio, and DJ equipment (not as much as DJ Chris on DJ though haha).
http://www.frozencpu.com/snd-14.html
Friend at a local LAN has some of these. They are awesome! He let me use them for a couple of games and i was amazed at the crisp highs and the great bottom end out of these speakers. And to prove they where a good set he tugged on the cable, ripped them out and where still fine. He even jumped on them to prove they where sturdy. The best part is they are a good price and even come w/ a mic.

ok, different needs for deifferent ppl. Seriously, I dont care whether my zalaman 5.1s are crap accoriding to what u and others say. Yes, by paying little for headphones I am cutting out quality but I dont need studio sound while playing bf2. On these headphones I can hear bullets pass by my head which is plenty good for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom