4890 GPU compare... thoughts please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts? what are those?

Of the two I would go for the xfx.
Mostly for the lifetime warranty versus the 3 years you get with asus.

They have the same design and the same stock cooler by the looks of it, so they should cool and sound just about the same.

So, i would go for the XFX for the same reasons as Hefe said.

actually the warrenty means jack to me.

My whole plan for this rig was to last "5 years" so a "lifetime" warranty is kinda wasted on it.

XFX were stated to have "abnormally powerful fans" to keep it cool, since they cover Overclocking with their warranty.

I don't really PLAN to overclock, however if the fan is capable of keeping an OC GPU cooled off with stock- then it would out-perform some other fan that couldn't, right?

3 years warranty is good enough for me. Most things in my life don't last 3 years anyway.

XFX without a doubt. With my last build I had an xfx card and I had no problems. Not to mention the cards usually look really cool lol. I'd say XFX is a much more trusted brand as far as GPUs go. If you were talking motherboards this would be a different scenario.

they are the exact same fan cooler and everything. the xfx has duel life time warranty so if you do decide to sell it your buyer will get the warranty, it is better off going with the life time warranty over not having it as you never know how long you will have it or not. also xfx rma support is excellent. asus will pretend you do not exist. i strongly recommend xfx. they are the only ati vendor i would buy from.

XFX for sure. Even though you plan on having it for five years. Like what poizen said, the guy you sell it to will get the lifetime warranty. Plus like everyones said, XFX is a good brand.

XFX for real. because what if it breaks or something. ASUS has terrible customer support (with video cards, dont know about MOBO's) and asus decides not to give you a new one. XFX will replace it without question. i know because i had to send back a 8500GT that i accidentally broke a capacitor off and they replaced the card with a new one.

like baron5 mentioned xfx are the best brand but HIS are also quiet a good brand to. HIS have know to be reliable so its your choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom