4870X2 vs. 4870 CF vs. 4850 CF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not bad, It's just that atm Intel is the better buy.

Ya gurusan... I'm waiting for the riots any second now.

Thread closed in 30 mins.....starting....

now!

Maroon is the only one who says that... I could pull a quote in fact ;)... aka the Phenom release threads with the "I told you so's"

But by e-peen he means the e-wang, like, I'm better than you because I have this whole better rig like you. Some people take post count like an e-peen.. (not me though)

But I think Ste meant Skulltrail because its the only way you can get SLI and Crossfire on the same board currently, but Nehalem will change that. But at 1920x1080, you have no need for Crossfire, even 1 HD 4870X2 is overkill.

Not bad, It's just that atm Intel is the better buy.

Ya gurusan... I'm waiting for the riots any second now.

Thread closed in 30 mins.....starting....

now!

If you or anyone else bought an AMD quad cored cpu right now and OCed it like 20-30%, you wouldn't be able to feel the difference to a intel quad core CPU OCed the Same percentage.

i want 4870x2 CF for benchmarking then i get rid of one i want #1 i always see ppl overclocking and trying to get higher scores than other ppl but i cant do that cz i cant overclock mines and it is 4-5 years old

i want 4870x2 CF for benchmarking then i get rid of one i want #1 i always see ppl overclocking and trying to get higher scores than other ppl but i cant do that cz i cant overclock mines and it is 4-5 years old

If you do that... Veedub will come back and do something bigger.... haha (you, Veedub and Nosboost officially have the e-wang for benchmarking)

Man I want to overclock a nice rig, I got the freaking awesome skills, I just need a super computer that can overclock like a beast and earn records!

i am thinking of doing this early 2009 so i can be able to drive to local LAN, buy parts from Frys, learn more about oc, cooling, etc, price drop, cold temps
get a job for some extra cash but still 15 need to wait for december
mostly gonna use WC not LN2, Cascade, or Dice dont have much computer experience
i currently dont play any games cz im still using a Geforce fx 5200, p4 3ghz, and 512mb ram
what happen to hmammen wasnt he working on a skulltrail build i need more competition here\

is the qx9650 worth the extra $150 over a q9650 right now?

Just an unlocked multiplier, your cooling will probably will limit you before the FSB Limits, even Water Cooling will probably limit

There are many items that can limit overclocking.

Max Reccomended Vcore.
Motherboard stability, Including MAX FSB
RAM Quality and settings
Ambient Temp
Heatsink and thermal paste used.

I don't really know what your asking about RAM?

Most people had 2 X 1GB Sticks and then added two more gigs for 4 total..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom