4870 X2 flicker.. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akubane

Fully Optimized
Yo, 4870 X2 came in today. Took me 4 hours just to get it to display my monitor properly (same EDID recognition issues as nVidia cards. No surprise)

Anyway, go to boot up crysis warhead to test this baby out and see how the new game is for myself. Right from the start of the logos, flickering in the form of black bars goign horizontal across the screen. Persists through to the menu and in-game.

Google results came up as a ton of people havign same issues, haven't spotted if there are any fixes yet.

I know there are a couple people with an X2 here, was wondering if y'all ran into any issues? Or have come across any fixes?

Or am i stuck waiting for drivers.. (surprise surprise?)

Thanks..

"If you disable/reduce catalyst AI do things change at all? In catalyst control centre go to 3d, Catalyst AI and move the slider/disable to see if that changes things. For the 4870x2 it's recommended that you have AI at standard. Disabling it will mean you will only use 1 GPU"

Thats the only thing I found that might fix it. Other than that looks like you will be waiting on new drivers

Oh sorry. Assumed you'd assume the new ones. CCC 8.9. Anything I've read said flickering was worse with 8.8.

Catalyst A.I. was defaulted at standard already. Switchign to advanced made no difference. Disablign one of the GPU's would defeat the whole purpose of having this :/

Another thing to note, is it doesn't flicker while the game is in windowed mode.

Edit** Disabling A.I. altogether seems to have gotten rid of flickering/distortion. So doing that "doesn't" disable a gpu?

What exactly is the A.I. function for then? lol

Still get the high pitch electrical buzz when full screen but whatever, maybe its normal for these cards.

heh, figures. What brand is your X2? I went with diamond because all the other HSF look stupid as **** :/ maybe i'll try a different brand.

I guess I don't spend much time looking inside my case anyway. I'll try one of those. Thanks a bunch you two ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom