4870 Won't Fit in Lian-Li Armoursuit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
call manufaturer and tell em their product don't work.. but obviously make it sound like its not ur fault when you tell them.. and they will give you an rma number.. u send it to them.. they look at it and see if ur eligible for an exchange/warranty service

Well, noone else in the house has a PC to support my hardware -.-

I know the PSU is bust, PC won't turn on, so i have no way of knowing if it's all bust for sure, but i think it is. It all smelt burnt.

I did that years ago on my first build... If the PSU smells burnt, its dead. The one I had actually blew up, well, a flame and smoke and a bang! But none of my other components got fried, so hopefully its just your PSU...

because I get better frames with the c2d. I don't care much for benchmarking. never on top for long anyway lol.

That, and I'm really hard up for cash. I want to buy an Iphone, so I need to make a bit of cash off the other rig. Damned things are expensive up here. 700 up front and 100$ a month bleh. I can sell the rig with a QX for more than an e8400 :/

And oreo, I've never had a problem RMA'ing anything lol. It was my fault half the time as well. I always had ncix (place I bought the parts from) take care of the RMA though, instead of dealing with manufacturers.
Might end up being easier to go with manufacturers in the logn run anyway. Like logitech haha. they don't even care what you do with products. They just send new ones.
So it's worth a shot. Why take a loss. Worst case scenario is you have to pay for shipping :/

This is a bit strange as I ran my p5b deluxe for 2 weeks with the standoffs in but the motherboard wasn't actually screwed in as I was waiting for a new motherboard never had an issue..... Had he attachted the motherboard directly to the case?

This is a bit strange as I ran my p5b deluxe for 2 weeks with the standoffs in but the motherboard wasn't actually screwed in as I was waiting for a new motherboard never had an issue..... Had he attachted the motherboard directly to the case?

Most likely he has yes. Thats why the video card wouldnt fit in. It will create a short through the case right back to the PSU.

Yeh, because my other 2 cases didn't use standoffs. And my dad was kind of helping me with it, but was kinda busy - so didn't check to hard. So just looking at it quickly and not realising, he thought it was ok.

Then i was like it won't turn on :rolleyes: and he looked and said "Oh..Your ****ed" Despite that situation, it is still quite funny :)

I should of followed my instincts..i thought right from the beginning that the motherboard shouldn't be touching the motherboard tray. Meh.

It's not so bad, if RMa doesn't work my dad decided he will rebuy each part of my pc thats bust for so many hours of revision for GCSE's. 2 hours got me my PSU :) Hopefully that's all that's wrong.

Lol having no pc to play games makes me SO BORED !

lol, once a case i had came with in built standoffs and i was cared to screw it in but it worked fine :) bad luck, i hope u learnt ur lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom