Are the 4870 and 260 GTX currently overpriced?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep...September seems to be the guess to when nvidia is putting out the 55nm gtx 260/280..so you'll be waiting a few months for a potential price drop that might not happen

Who said I'd be buying nVidia :p

For all I know they'll just say they did and just renamed it hahaha :)

Someone who is experienced in video cards please answer my next question.

If the highest monitor I will be using is a 22 or 24, do I really need a good video card? or is that monitor size irrelevant?

1920x1200 24'' need two GPU's if you want to keep maxing new games, otherwise live with medium settings on newer

22'' Monitors are 1680x1050 is pretty good, you could get away with a 256mb 8800gt if you don't use the AA and AF Filters

lol looks like I will have to stick to 22 for moneys sake.

Thanks, I just knew it would be you who would answer my question.

you're nasty! lol

I'd just get the 4870 I guess. I just had hope someone here that would work for ati or nvidia could secretly tell us if there was a price drop expected.

you're nasty! lol

I'd just get the 4870 I guess. I just had hope someone here that would work for ati or nvidia could secretly tell us if there was a price drop expected.

...I'll see what I can dig up...

EDIT:
(1:15:18 AM) vvvvvvvvvv: Dude, when is Nvidia shipping 55nm 260s/280s?
(1:15:39 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: NO IDEA.
(1:15:47 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: I don't get much info down the HW end.
(1:15:49 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: sadly.
(1:16:03 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: I am holding the OpenGL 3 specification in my hands right now!
(1:16:09 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: (preliminary draft, but still)
(1:16:10 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: dude
(1:16:25 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: it has all DX10 features, some of the DX11 multi-core rendering support features
(1:16:26 AM) xxxxxxxxxxxx: on XP.

Sweet, so benny works for nvidia! (lol)

Ask them about the price drop.j

yeah go with the 4870, its not much less performance than the gtx280 and its like half the price here in australia.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom