45nm Core 2 Quad launch delayed due to erratum?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ya, i read this up on XS.. i think its a load of crap... i think they just wanna wait for amd to release their fix.. then they're gonna release theirs just to steal from AMD's sales

But QX9650 which is still up for sale is affected by the bug

good thing they're not going to still sell them and promote them to the public with the bug...like amd did

? lol.

odd that the dual cores arent affected, just the quads. i wonder if AMD produced kuma with b2 stepping if it would be bugless...?

i dunno. that qx is so expensive that most people cant afford it? maybe they havent made enough to justify recalling them?
i also read that AMDs bulk customers got a huge discount if they accepted the chips with errata.

Well, doesn't matter much really if it's going to be delayed till February as that's when GeForce 9 Series is planned to be released also, so both can come out simultaneously when people want to make their super new builds. I'm psyched for February!

Sucks that the QX9650 is bugged, but at least it's not the mainstream, mass-market release version (ie the Q9450 and 9300) so less people will be affected, and those are super rich guys, and if they're going to invest into bleeding edge tech this early and for such a high price, they should expect some issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom