45 nm quad core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric1

In Runtime
I have a question about the future 45nm quad core CPU and my motherboard. I am wondering if the new quad core will be supported by my motherboard? I have the Gigabyte 965P-DS3 Series motherboard. It says it supports quad core but I don't know about the 45nm. I guess it would be kind of hard to say if it will support it or not especially since the CPU is not out yet. I was just hoping to get some of your input. What do you think?

I fear it will not . But first let it be relesed with all it's specifications then the real ans will come.

Fairly sure that only the p35 and later board will support the 45nm quads. There is actually some extra stuff on the board itself that is required for them. Note how the 680i boards cant handle them even with a bios update, due to not having the necessary parts on the board.

I think I may just upgrade to the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz. I don't wont to switch my motherboard out as of now. I think I will switch the motherboard when DDR3 comes down in price and when Intel releases the processor with eight cores.

I think I may just upgrade to the Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz. I don't wont to switch my motherboard out as of now. I think I will switch the motherboard when DDR3 comes down in price and when Intel releases the processor with eight cores.

6 cores would probably be next, so you may be waiting a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom