4400 or 4600 processor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapow

Solid State Member
I'm trying to decide on the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual Core Processor or the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Dual Core Processor, I know the 4400+ has a 1 mb L2 cache while the 4600+ has a 512kb

I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes game wise. To put it out there though I have no interest in OCing either I don't want to risk my money for the extra bit of speed so which would be better not OCed.

appreciate it.

well if you want the best for gaming then you should just overclock just a smidgen to equal the speed of the 4600 while keeping the 1mb cache. you can do it with stock cooling and a simple program that tests your system to make sure you cpu is running ok wiht the OC.

But if you are dead serious about not OC'ing then go with the model with the faster speed.

Actualy no dont go w/ the 4600+. The 4400+ is more exspensive for a reason and thats because of that cache. Like everybody has been saying speed really isnt an issue right now where performance wise is concerned. Get the 4400+ w/ the extra cache and IF you wanted to you can oc the tad bit to match the speed of the 4600+ but you will see really no visual difference in games. The 4400+ stock w/ 2meg cache is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom