4000+ or FX-55

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alot of my friends thought I was nuts getting an Opty since it was a server chip, they claimed games would suck since we had similar results from Xenons in the past, but I proved them all wrong. hey who has the dual cpu mobo?

first things first....where do you see an fx-55 for under 100 dollars? the only one i find on new egg is an open box OEM for 178.
hmmmm...i'm torn.
the fx will have an unlocked multiplier. so it will (most) likely be easier to overclock than either the opty or the 4000+.
the 4000+ is a good chip. the fx is a fantastic chip, so is the opty.
i think this time i am going to have to disagree with my brethren and say that if you can get an FX 55 for 30.00 more than a 4000 (which is 59.99)..that is going to be the way to go as far as sheer gaming and overclocking performance. definitely, no doubt about it. the unlocked multi will help overclocking A LOT.
bear in mind...the opty is dual core, the fx 55 is not. if it is under 90-100 bucks and you are going to be like surfing the net and playing games constantly...dude there is no question, fx all the way.
edit: zmatt no doubt your opty is a kick a$$ chip. tho.

Alot of my friends thought I was nuts getting an Opty since it was a server chip, they claimed games would suck since we had similar results from Xenons in the past, but I proved them all wrong. hey who has the dual cpu mobo?

Gumbercules, Riznarf

just click the number and it tells u.........

what kind of a performence increase would i get if i picked up an opty and what intel chip is it comparable to cause im getting my 8800 soo and i still only got my 4000+x1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom