40$ Need Optical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dante_Caligari

In Runtime
I have about 40$
I need a DVD Drive.
Can I get a burner for that price?
I would like it to be Dual Layer, but I am guessing that I cannot get a Dual Layer for that price.

Another question:
Should I go with an IDE Drive,
or the newer SATA models?

Suggestions please.

well it is hard to give an answer when we don't have a currency listed by you. no offence but i am getting sick of people who never list what currency they are talking about. i mean there are something like 200 nations almost all of which have a different exchange rate so that makes an accurate answer impossible. i shall assume US dollars for now and say that you should be able to get one given US prices are generally cheaper than australian prices (even after conversion) and i bought a burner for $59 the other day. i wouldn't bother with an SATA drive especially seeing as i was only able to find one model and it was way out of your price range

Oh! I am indeed sorry for my error nitestick.
My apologies. I don't take much time to write my posts because I don't have much time. (I do not have internet access.)

Your assumptions are correct: US dollars.

Dante_Caligari said:
Can I get a burner for that price?
I would like it to be Dual Layer, but I am guessing that I cannot get a Dual Layer for that price.
yes you can and you guessed it wrong , NEC 3550 BEIGE or BLACK but dont get too excited bout this whole dual layer thing while dual layer medias have higher capacity. their quality in compare to single layer medias is far worse

Dante_Caligari said:
Another question:
Should I go with an IDE Drive,
or the newer SATA models?
if your motherboard supports sata then go for it , otherwise go for ide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom