4 gigs of ram performance boost?

Status
Not open for further replies.
wellp....i put i n 8.7 and no problems(tried 8.5 but it didnt have CCC, and yes i want it). still only about 30 fps totally maxed (is that good?!?)
dude you should see how the textures were being rendered. i mean, i havent seen anything like it. but i guess it was my drivers, thanks a bundle.

I have 8.5 + CCC on a disc, if you want I could try and send you the packages.

In crysis, 30fps is totally respectable, especially sense it looks smooth at 20fps, dunno why though.

I ran fraps today to get an idea how well I was doing. IN DX9 with mainstream settings at 1280x1024 I was getting about 40-50 fps. Switch to DX10 things get ugly. I took some screenies and there is no discernible difference in detail. At least none that really stick out.

Does DX10 suck that bad? I'm starting to think that it is over hyped. All it does is make your pc run slower with little visual benefit.

I have 8.5 + CCC on a disc, if you want I could try and send you the packages.

In crysis, 30fps is totally respectable, especially sense it looks smooth at 20fps, dunno why though.

I ran fraps today to get an idea how well I was doing. IN DX9 with mainstream settings at 1280x1024 I was getting about 40-50 fps. Switch to DX10 things get ugly. I took some screenies and there is no discernible difference in detail. At least none that really stick out.

Does DX10 suck that bad? I'm starting to think that it is over hyped. All it does is make your pc run slower with little visual benefit.

DX10 has a whole lot of little things, alot of them physics, added in, which are hard to notice. But yeh it seems like it was a massive FAIL, because every game i have seen is a fair amount worse in dx10, with hardly any difference in quality.

it supposed to make things that dx9 CAN do, easier on your system. and was said to have a better framrate the dx9, that i have not yet seen.

You guys never read that long article comparing DX9 to DX10 currently for games? DX10 is the most horrible thing ever...for example it adds a couple of small rocks on the floor for company of heroes for a like 40% drop in performance. DX10 as it stands now is utterly useless. Also naga maybe you have low fps cause you turned on AA. With my experience with Crysis, even Warhead, turning AA on at all results in a huge drop in performance. I honestly can't stand any fps below 60 ( 45 probably is my min acceptable threshold ) and start to feel sick if its constantly running at 30 fps ( console fps games usually run at 30 fps and it looks horrid imho )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom