3DMark06: Q6600 VS Agena 9600 - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 06:28 PM   #41 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Default Re: 3DMark06: Q6600 VS Agena 9600

ya.. thats my quote... i don't care who made the product.. i care about performance and HOW MUCH I CAN OVERCLOCK IT

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 11-15-2007, 06:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

so i bet your pretty happy w/ ur ocing ability with the monster overclocker of 1967, the p4.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:37 PM   #43 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

[QUOTE=Merkwürdigliebe;1234037]"Hahahah, not a big difference between c2d and X2?"

no, there isnt really a great difference. i have a 60 dollar processor that will go pretty much toe to to with the low end c2ds. and its cheaper which = better to most people.

"Phenom will not overcome the Kentsfields, let alone the Yorkfields."

you may be right, i will wager that it will be tight against the kentsfield. not impossible, but tight.

"I'm feeling you man, it must be SOOooo hard being an AMD fan right now. I respect you for your willingness to stand by a company you believe in."

not really. thats why i am a fan, because i believe in the company. it kinda goes hand in hand.

as far as the fanboy/arsehole thing...
i stick up for AMD because i own it (or it owns me lol), and their products have always treated me right.
i guess i should be considered an arsehole myself for choosing to stick with the upgrade path provided by my favored company (of which i never tell ANYONE they are STUPID, or "dont know anything" or any of that crap if they dont agree with me...i just tell of my real-world experience with these products...whcih apparently makes me some sort of retard) instead of dumping the two main components of a rig i am familiar with and whose overclocking ability i have serious respect for? if so, then i am an arsehole, yes lol.
fanboyism i dont care about. if you like something, you like it. what turns MY stomach is the amount of criticism here, and thinking that a 5 or 10% (in certain apps, mind you) performance difference is enough justification to ridicule someone's choice of products, or suggest that they change their entire platform for some intangible increase...something you wont even see.
case in point here...
if i dumped my current rig and got, say an e6300 set-up for like well lets say 300 dollars. i am first and foremost a gamer, second i am the TF badger. so, in my case, tell me where i am going to see this tremendous increase in performance? are my games going to run better? NO. is my TF etiquitte going to improve? NO.
so, i just paid 300 bucks because the OTHER fanboys (call yourselves whatever you like) told me that if i didnt, i was missing out on like the second coming of christ or something, or that i was in fact a great big s***head.
thats what turns MY stomach. the amount of fanboyism i couldnt care less about. its the amount of single-sided closed mindedness that i see every day on this forum. and thats why i stand up for what i OWN and what i KNOW.
thank you...someone please take my soapbox.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:40 PM   #44 (permalink)
Ste
Do not Stare at my Avatar

Send a message via MSN to Ste

First of All,
<Sighs

Second of all, everyone, stop saying "arsehole".
Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 PM   #45 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

lol okay okay
i still xxoo TF
Old 11-15-2007, 07:00 PM   #46 (permalink)
Ste

Let me ask you something nagasama. If someone had lets say 1500 USD and they were building a new computer. Every part was to be bought new. And lets say this is about the time the first C2D's came out, and it was clear they raped the current (At the time) Athlon 64 X2's. What CPU would you reccomend? Also, The computer was intended for gamming.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:06 PM   #47 (permalink)
disgruntled ex-moderator

the c2d and i have done just that many...MANY times in the past.
the only time i have suggested (heavily) AMD rigs was before the allendales came out...at which point you could have bought a 3600 for 60 bucks or an e6300 for 190 (although i say the jury is still out on allendale vs 3600 performance...its really minor and the x2 is still cheaper).
another instance would be if someone had an am2 mobo already and was sitting on the fence about wheter to dump it for LGA775. which, i say is pretty unsmart because you could buy a 6000 for less money than it would take to buy the comprable c2d/mobo.
i dont think i have ever suggested buying an AMD rig if your budget was more than about 800 bucks and you were starting from scratch.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #48 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via AIM to Okitasoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
the only time i have suggested (heavily) AMD rigs was before the allendales came out...at which point you could have bought a 3600 for 60 bucks or an e6300 for 190 (although i say the jury is still out on allendale vs 3600 performance...its really minor and the x2 is still cheaper).
another instance would be if someone had an am2 mobo already and was sitting on the fence about wheter to dump it for LGA775. which, i say is pretty unsmart because you could buy a 6000 for less money than it would take to buy the comprable c2d/mobo.
i dont think i have ever suggested buying an AMD rig if your budget was more than about 800 bucks and you were starting from scratch.
Now they got the Pentium dual core E21x0 series.

regardless, I would personally still buy AMD, as even it C2D beats them out by 10-20% in benchmarks, I just like AMD's products more.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:34 PM   #49 (permalink)
Ste

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagasama View Post
Good. Then your not a fanboy..
Fanboys are ones who would reccomend or stand by a product even if its not the best for someones money at the moment. (Given their situation, where they live, how much they have to spend, what sites they can order from.)
Old 11-15-2007, 09:07 PM   #50 (permalink)
MetalHead Techie

fanboy = ignorent noob
i dont consider nagasama to be this
nor apok
they are "supporters"

Mobo Biostar Z68A+
Mem 4 gb PNY DDR3 1600
Case afk
Sound Logitech z-5300e 5.1 + Razer Orca's + Creative Soundblaster Audigy SE
PSU Corsair 520hx
OS Windows 7 64-bit