3d Monitor & Nvidia 3d Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

mwvirk

Solid State Member
Dear friends,

I'm planning to buy Samsung 2233RZ with Nvidia 3D kit but since I never got any chance to watch any 3D movie or game – I would like all of you to help me to understand about this technology.

Is it a right choice to go for 3D monitor or shall I buy a normal LCD 22” monitor.

Mostly I'm playing games and watching movies.

Sys Spec are CPU is Q6600 mobo Asus P5Q with Nvidia 8800GT 4GB RAM

Thanks.

Well, from what I've heard from Oreo and from my limited experience with it so far...lets just say I'm lining up a 3D capable projector right now ;) it's pretty awesome

ok
then i'm going to upgrade my RAM from 4GB DDR2 to 8GB DDR3
regarding GPU - i was checking few graph here:
NVIDIA?s GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470: 6 Months Late, Was It Worth the Wait? - AnandTech :: Your Source for Hardware Analysis and News
and little bit confused where to go now.

rest of my PSU is already 750WATT and i think i don't have to upgrade it for 3D
coming to the 3D monitors - again i'm not sure about samsung vs acer - what i can understand, samsung is good in lcd screens but still i'll listen to u guys before taking any final decision.

so far its confirm that:
- i need to upgrade RAM
- GPU to be upgraded but what should i buy? GTX 470 or 480 or 270 or 275 or 280 etc
- 3D monitor is big question, then

thanks for your help and i'm sure i'll get my reply shortly.

thanx

what mobo do you have?

unless you have one of thr very few mobos that supports both ddr2 and ddr3, you're going to have to get a new mobo that supports ddr3. you can't just go from using ddr2 to ddr3.

what mobo do you have?

unless you have one of thr very few mobos that supports both ddr2 and ddr3, you're going to have to get a new mobo that supports ddr3. you can't just go from using ddr2 to ddr3.

i'm using Asus P5Q

I'm not regular gamer - but interested in very few of old/lastest games, like:
MOH COD GTA & Crysis
I think i really need a advance GPU and for that I'm planning to go for nVidia 470 bcoz 480 is little bit out of range.
i'll be getting it (470) soon and will buy 3D kit & LCD 3D monitor when Crysis 2 is about to release.

thanks for ur help.

MWVirk

thnx for ur support.
now finally its clear that Q6600 will not be suitable for 3D
so can i replace my Q6600 CPU with:
INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q9400 2.66GHZ (6MB CACHE - 1333MHZ FSB)
and is it working on Asus P5Q mobo
and same time can i change my RAM DDR2 to DDR3 with new CPU but on same mobo (Asus P5Q)
and can I replace my 8800GT to:
GTX470 GeForce PCX 1280MB (320-BITS) DDR5 EVGA

so final configuration will be:
Mobo: Asus P5Q
PSU: Thermaltake 750Watt
CPU: INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q9400 2.66GHZ (6MB CACHE - 1333MHZ FSB)
GPU: GTX470 GeForce PCX 1280MB (320-BITS) DDR5 EVGA
RAM: DDR3 (4GB) (((help me what brand and bus speed is auitable for this config now - if not P5Q then what mobo to replace)))

and after that, is it ready for 3D ???

thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom