3870x2 Reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
but imagine the performance of having 8 GPU's though (if you did Spider)

HOW DID U KNOW PLAN????

lol that is what i want to do. Right now i dont have the money to get myself an HD 3870 x2 but i hope to have one sometime in February, probably by my next paycheck or something.

the HD 3870 x2 did pretty well, i hope the new driver improves it. It looks like the 8.4 that was use by some benchmarkers were beta? No?

AMD GT PLAYER: Here are some other power supplies in that price range

Newegg.com - ENERMAX Noisetaker II EG701AX VE(W) SFMA ATX12V Ver 2.2 600W Power Supply 100-240VAC, Automatic Switching UL (Level 3), cUL (Level 3), VDE, CB, NEMKO, SEMKO, DEMKO, FIMKO - Retail
Newegg.com - PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V EPS12V 610W Continuous @ 40°C Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, CB, TUV - Retail
Newegg.com - SeaSonic S12 Energy Plus SS-550HT ATX12V / EPS12V 550W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail
Newegg.com - ENERMAX EG651AX-VH EPS12V 550W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, VDE, CB, DEMKO, NEMKO, SEMKO, FIMKO - Retail

I would go with the (going down the line from perferred to ok) The PC Power and cooling 610, Seasonic 550, the silverstone you posted tied with the Enermax Noisetaker and then the other Enermax I posted, last link..

Quality of components is pretty much the Same.
PC Power and cooling
Seasonic
Silverstone
Enermax

However you couldn't go wrong with any of them..

i allready own the silver stone and have so far for 2 months now. lol im askign if itl be enuf to power one of these montreous cards, im hoping it will but im doubting itl power 2. and none of those are really comparable to the silver stone as the silver stone is modular, ontop of that it competes with the corsair 620hx and the pc power and coolign 610, and its just as cheap, i do not know why we dotn recomend the 600w strider, its the best bang for your buck psu most amperage something like 42 amps across 4 12v rails, and can go up to like 58 amps under load. silver stone quality, which is very high and the cheapest 600w modular psu you can get.

So what's so good about this card? It gets less FPS in Crysis than my single OC'd GT 512 for 2x the price. Even with AA on. I just don't see what the hype is about.

Hrmm though you were talking anout the non X2 3870..
<Brain Fart, if that power consumption is true for one card, then most definitely, your power supply will be fine...

I don't know, still seems way too high for one card.

Yall need to stop confusing "total system draw" with card draw. When they show the power draw, they are showing the draw of the ENTIRE MACHINE.

Yall need to stop confusing "total system draw" with card draw. When they show the power draw, they are showing the draw of the ENTIRE MACHINE.

Thats what I thought...
augentreher.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom