3870x2 Problems!! Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoolKitten

Baseband Member
okay first of all, one of the red lights on the front of the card is illuminated, and when I open up the system info window within the Catalyst control center it says theres only 512MBs of memory as opposed to 1gb...I assume this is becaused one of the GPUs is not functioning, why is this, and how in the world can I fix it! thank you.

hello?? hasnt anyone else encountered the same or a similar problem and found a solution?? COME ON FOLKS!!

um in the ATI catyst, it should say something like enable crossfire with a box, check mark that box. Also go on the amd website for the newest drivers.

He's got the HD3870x2, not two HD3870's guys :D

but I don't think it should say 1gb RAM, because its really not 1gb, its 512mb per GPU

lol are people really that dense here, I clearly stated that I had the 3870x2 NOT TWO 3870's ....

*edit*
yea but shouldnt it at least recognize the fact that there are two seperate yet simulataneously functioning processors present within the unit?? like 512x2 or something....it just doesnt seem right and i cant help but feel im not getting the maximum preformance out of the card either...

Well its not their fault, when people wanted to say Dual HD3870's they used to say HD3870 x2, so I see where the confusion came from, and FYI nobody HERE is dense

I doubt that its not running truly, run a video game and/or 3dmark06, and we'll tell you if something truly is wrong and give us a 3dmark06 score on Stock

k sorry for the condesention, just my frustration spilling inappropriately outward...but yea im downloading 3dmark06 as i type so ill let you know soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom