3850 goes AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome, now i dont have to bring down the hopes of people who think they have a PCI-E slot but only have an AGP (The noobs...). :)

I'm suprised. Are there any AGP mobos out there that can deal with the kind of rest-of-system performance that a 3850 warrants? I thought AGP was just dying out.

I'm suprised. Are there any AGP mobos out there that can deal with the kind of rest-of-system performance that a 3850 warrants? I thought AGP was just dying out.

ya know, it died out a bit ago, I say when the 7-series came out was the best time to switch over to PCI-E.

I'm still stuck on AGP. although I plan on upgrading when 45nm Intel or B3 stepping phenom comes out. As much as I'd like to breathe new life into my AGP system, I can't justify spending anything on it, except for a PSU which can be transplanted.

Very interesting ,
I was going to pay thousands for a new system ,but this card might worth the try !

Agreed, and the 3850 would probably cost $220~+ because it's AGP. I suggest getting an Intel system something like...

E2140
HD3850
2gig Ram
good mobo and good PSU

you'll probably be in the good for about $700.

then you can upgrade to a Quad or better Dual core when the 45nm's come out.

There are literally millions of computers still going that have AGP slots. It would be crazy not to try to sell to that market.

Sure, an older CPU won't be able to keep up (see above), but that would be the only limiting factor. I know I plan on milking my current system as long as I can, and others will want to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom