3850 or 3870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it's a general consensus that the 7.11 drivers compared to 7.10 reduced game performance across the board, at least for the hd 3 series. I wouldn't put too much faith in drivers improving performance anymore, I think ati's done all the performance boosting with this architecture it can do already.

wouldnt the games it's played on have to be more compatible to the new 7.11 driver to get better performance? Maybe the games that r played dont recognize it as well as 7.10, so the games need better patches or something.

im just speculating........

I think ati's done all the performance boosting with this architecture it can do already.
ROFL

aw, they'll squeeze more. My X1950XT still gets a performance nudge from some of the latest drivers. The 3870/3850 will continue to improve for a bit.

wouldnt the games it's played on have to be more compatible to the new 7.11 driver to get better performance? Maybe the games that r played dont recognize it as well as 7.10, so the games need better patches or something.

im just speculating........

Usually drivers help performance.... ****, the 7.11 update still didn't even include the Crysis hotfix. It's a joke.

ROFL

aw, they'll squeeze more. My X1950XT still gets a performance nudge from some of the latest drivers. The 3870/3850 will continue to improve for a bit.

And yes, I've owned the x1950xt for awhile, but the performance increases I've seen through new driver updates are minimal at best. Mostly, it just affects stability and not adding many more frames to a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom