3800+ and 3700+

Status
Not open for further replies.

duckmoose

Baseband Member
I have been told that the 3800+ outperforms the 3700+ because of the extra 200 mhz clock although the 3700+ contains a 1mb L2 cache, whereas the 3800+ has 512kb L2 cache.

Can I get some input on this issue as I am personally uninformed on the matter? And why did AMD skimp on the extra 512kb on the 3800+?

Well that just ****es me off. I was sold a 3800+ against my better judgement by a salesperson telling me that. I really feel cheated. How big would teh performance difference be?

somewhat big, (hope your not mad) but the 3700+ is much better cause of the cache and if you OC it, it can reach the same, speed.

Should have came here and asked us first, or used the search feature since there's been 1000 threads questioning which of the two is better. Go take it back and get a refund because he didn't know what he was talking about.

duckmoose said:
Well that just ****es me off. I was sold a 3800+ against my better judgement by a salesperson telling me that. I really feel cheated. How big would teh performance difference be?
Quite frankly, it won't make much difference. The extra 200MHz on the 3800+ will probably make it slightly faster than the 3700+, but in reality, the extra 512k of cache does not make very many noticeable boosts in performance. The reason most people recommend the 3700+ is because it easily overclocks to 2.4GHz, so it would be the same speed as the 3800+ and have 1mb of cache, but it really makes not much difference.

Twizted_3kgt said:
Should have came here and asked us first, or used the search feature since there's been 1000 threads questioning which of the two is better. Go take it back and get a refund because he didn't know what he was talking about.

Yea maybe the 3700 is better if you're gonna OC but just regular head to head 3800 is better.

juststarting123 said:
THe 3700 is better because of the L2 cache

Uhhhhhhh no. The 3800 is better because it's dual core in terms of multi tasking, but for gaming the 3700 is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom