$3500 budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heres a PSU for you. This thing is awesome for the price and Mushkin make good PSU. This will SLI awesome if you ever want to also since it has 80 Amps on the rails, which is PLENTY.

Also as someone has stated do not buy 1 raptor, instead buy two of these and run them on RAID.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822148144

Two of these yield better performance and will give you almost 4 times the HD space.

New system

Thanks for the suggestions guys, I've changed a few items and this is what I'm leaning to now

Tt Kandalf LCS Case
ASUS P5N32-E 650i Mobo
EVGA 8800GTX KO GPU
SeaSonic M12 700W PSU
Intel E6600 CPU
2 gigs of G. Skill DDR2 PC2 (8000) Ram
500G Seagate Barracuda ES HDD
PLEXTOR 16X DVD±R DVD Burner
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer soundcard
Logitech G7 Mouse
Logitech G15 Keyboard
20" Acer Monitor
Logitech Z-5500 505 Watts 5.1 Speaker
Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP2b
AS5 Thermal Paste/Grease

All that puts me at about $3100. Any Ideas on what I could use the other $400 for that would help out the system?

Also not really sure what RAID is, or how to set it up. If someone could direct me somewhere to learn how to do it or just let me know, that would be great.

P.S. I plan to build my own Liquid Cooling System as well, but that has a seperate budget.

Guys, Antec is not anywhere near the as good as they used to be...
(They are still good, just not as good)

Why do you think Antec is near the bottom of the reccomendation list?

There are many better power supplies he can get. namely of the Brands Corsair, Seasonic and PC Power and Cooling. And for such a high end/budget build I would stick to this List.

PC power and Cooling
Etasis
Zippy
Corsair
Seasonic
OCZ

I also want to add that, yea, he doesn't need anywhere near 1 Kilowatt PSU. The corsair 620HX would do Nicely..

A single 8800GTX can be run on a 400W FPS...SLI of them a 500w good brand can do it. To be on the safe side go with a good 600w or so. It doesn't have to be the most reputed company but still. Ste is right, Antec's PSU's are nowhere near the quality they use to be.

I would go with the Corsair 620HX to run that build as well but there are other PSU's that you can get as well that are trusted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom