32days to build a pc 12/05 to 14/05/2012 (advise needed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ximmi

Solid State Member
Why the rush you may ask!
Diablo 3's the word... very excited about the game since D1 and D2 just brings me back to childhood

My budget is £1200 pounds (UK) approx $1914 (USD)
The plan is to build the best gaming pc possible and spend the rest of a single graphics card (then crossfire/sli at later date)

At the moment im considering the following -
CPU: i5-2500k £156
Cooler: Corsair H100 £79
Motherboard: Asus P8Z68-V LX £75
RAM:Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) £37
SSD
:
Crucial 128GB m4 £117
Optical drive: £15
PSU: Corsair gaming or enthusiast 650-850 £65-£100

Things i can't decide on atm
1. Asus P8Z68-V LX if this Mobo is good enough, limited upgrade options
2. Graphics card
3. Power supply unit (taking into account OC+ Crossfire/Sli)
4. Chassis (leaning toward cooler master HAF or one of their full towers)
But really have no idea, i like cases with a window on the side so i can see what's inside
5. hard drive, I'm using a 300gb internal hard drive and never filled it before since i use external one for videos
6. is there anything i forgot to consider? hmm maybe thermal compound? spoilt for choices now days

any help/advise will be of great help and much appreciated

thanks patonb for the warm welcomes and quick reply

have taken on board your advise and will buy a corsair brand psu, still doing research on it since they have so many i.e gaming or enthusiast series
bronze silver gold
not much free time this week to do research

also forgot to mention a monitor is needed too, have to admit I'm a total novice in this area, only thing I know for sure is that low ms = good for a gaming monitor
some advise or brand recommendation would enlighten me

£579 used + monitor + case = approx £800/1200
with £400 lefted to spend a 7970 is out of reach 7950 is still possible considering a 7870 too so i can some spare change

have done more research and decided on some stuff would like someone to have a look over and help me finalize it

i5-2500k
corsair vengeance 8gb (not too sure if i should get 16)
seagate sata3 2tb
force gt 120g ssd
corsair h100
corsair tx 850
sapphire 7870

as for mobo not too sure if i want to get asus P8Z68-V LX or go for a more expensive one
really tempted to go all out and get z77 sabertooth since i can't make up my mind

the chassis iv'e fallen in love with the nzxt 810 switch, but will head out to the shops and have a look round, no amount of pics online can beat having a feel of it for myself

and the last part i really can't decide on is the monitor, been reading abit on 3D, 120mhz, ms etc
anyone have a top notch monitor they can recommend for videos and gaming?

Yeah, playing through the beta with my current rig (specs in sig), I see no lag with it maxed. It isn't really that demanding of a game, my laptop can even play it on medium :tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom