320 vs 640mb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
my friend is considering buying one of the 640mb 8800gts cards but im telling him he hsould save the money but i need proof to why the extra memory is not justified

hes playing at 1680x1050

where are the benchmarks that everyone was talking about that showed very little increase in performance?

At that resolution it may be wise to run a 640mb card... But if he is going to do that tell him the gtx is a much better buy.

at that reso 320 would be more than fine, 320 matches and sometimes outperforms the 640 in some games.....save the $100, i have a 320 and max all my games w/ awesome fps

This question is asked more times then I change my socks, honstly lol.

My opinion stands as usual, don't buy a GTS. Why rob yourself of the performance of a GTX? Save up for another paycheck or two, and buy the d*mn GTX heh. If I were stuck in a position where I had to choose between the two GTS', I would probably pick the 320 since when you compare price to performance, it's the best deal. But then again, I would never be caught dead wasting money on a GTS anything. I have always thought it's worth it waiting and saving to buy the best of the best. And remember, memory isn't everything. I always look at pixel-pipelines. the GTX offers wayyyy more, which means, wayyyyy more bang for ze buck ;)

-contemplates putting this in sig-

well, fade. you have a gts. what res. do you play at?

i got the 640mb before the 320 was out, but i got a pretty good discount so im not to beat up about it
right now im playing at 1280x1024 until i get my new 22". if i would of gotten a video card when the 320mb version was out i would of went with it after seeing all the benches
This question is asked more times then I change my socks, honstly lol.

My opinion stands as usual, don't buy a GTS. Why rob yourself of the performance of a GTX? Save up for another paycheck or two, and buy the d*mn GTX heh. If I were stuck in a position where I had to choose between the two GTS', I would probably pick the 320 since when you compare price to performance, it's the best deal. But then again, I would never be caught dead wasting money on a GTS anything. I have always thought it's worth it waiting and saving to buy the best of the best. And remember, memory isn't everything. I always look at pixel-pipelines. the GTX offers wayyyy more, which means, wayyyyy more bang for ze buck ;)

-contemplates putting this in sig-

i disagree i would never buy a GTX simply because its not going to last you any longer then a GTS is
my friend has a GTX and when we play at lans i cant see the difference in them and i look at the benchmarks and the performance increase isnt worth the double price of the 320mb for almost everybody i know unless your playing at really high resolutions

i convinced him just to get the 320 if he is going to upgrade to a DX10 card
im def not going to reccomend the GTX since he wont be buying for a few months and the 9 series will be close oto coming out and the rumors are that it will be at a good price but ill have to see that first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom