32" tv as monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwest

Baseband Member
hi, i know this idea gets tossed around alot...but i was thinking about buying a 32" lcd tv and using it instead of my standard 19" lcd, and would be using my pc as more of a htpc, so it would be used for all media things as well as some gameplaying and work, obviously i wouldnt sit 10" away from it like a regular monitor but have it across the room, i knw theres a huge resolution drop. wondered what you guys thought?

well there is 720p and 1080p. Id reccomend 1808p. Ive used both, and 1080 all the way. 720p looks big and bulky. Get one with HDMI, and use that.

no way if you can get 1808 then go for it!! but yeah get 1080p, it blows away a 720p tv.

thats if your videocard can handle the 1920 by 1080 resolution anyway.
you won't find much 32" 1080p's
Interlaced looks like crap so you wanna avoid 1080i
normal 720p resolution is 1280 by 720, but check the max resolution on the TV, on most 720p tvs you'll find a decent resolution of 1360 by 768.

i'm pretty sure any Video Card.. (not integrated) can handle 1080p.. its not exactly a large resolution

and i sit roughly 3 feet from my 40 inch tv and it works out just fine... but i find myself playing mroe ps3 on it now! so i may have to buy a 24 inch monitor for it and play seperately

i'm pretty sure any Video Card.. (not integrated) can handle 1080p.. its not exactly a large resolution

and i sit roughly 3 feet from my 40 inch tv and it works out just fine... but i find myself playing mroe ps3 on it now! so i may have to buy a 24 inch monitor for it and play seperately

err yeah, i meant gaming wise most older videocards won't be able to handle that big of a resolution.

also check out the 780G motherboard by AMD. Handles blu-ray playing at 1080p perfectly.

ya.. 780g is THE BEST onboard you can get... YOU CAN EVEN OVERCLOCK IT... which is nuts.. i was considering buying a micro atx 780g for a htpc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom