$3000-4000 budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaahhhhh so sweet but no :). hehe. Yeah I figured I should do something nice for my bro his just finished finished a shed load of exams... and has something against spending money I think!!! I was going to get him a pz85 and ps3, but figured a graphics card would be cheaper and I could actually afford it.

Going to be placing my order for all equipment tomorrow... a lil worried about static so bought a wrist band with a crocodile clip attached so I can clip that to the case and keep myself earthed. The other thing I was wiery about was applying the thermal compound to the processor, parinoid about damaging it, and how thin is thin!!! They just say thin, 1mm 0.5mm less more... Anyone got a good tip on what to use to spread the compound or shall i just use an old library card (do I even have a library card?) or something along those lines.
Lol at anti-static wrist band. :laughing:

Its not that dangerous... but yeah you don't even really have to spread it, the pressure from your heatsink will do that for you.

Just make sure to put the right amount on.

Lol at anti-static wrist band. :laughing:

Its not that dangerous... but yeah you don't even really have to spread it, the pressure from your heatsink will do that for you.

Just make sure to put the right amount on.

Yeah standard gotta rock the anti-static pimp band... looking pritty swish in pink :O.

Right the build is on the way... first thing thats got me wry is how sensitive are the pins on the CPU and mobo??? When i went to drop it in it got caught slightly on the knotch that you have to line it up with... Then we I went to pick it up kinda nundged it into place and there was a lil slide as well :(. GOt me parinoid now.

2nd thing, Thermalright ultra- 120extreme CPU cooler, how do the fan clips hold onto the side... their diagram shows feck all just says clip into the holes provided??? WHAT Holes I see nothing on the side appart from well lots of fins. Its the lil things that fox me >.<.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom