$3000-4000 budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, they are not all designed the same. He means the style is a matter of preference. You still have to look at the cooling quality and other factors of the case. Such as compatibility with mATX, ATX (what you will want), or whether the case is mid-tower or full tower size.

If you want good suggestions for cases look at the latest from Thermaltake, NZXT, Cooler Master, and Lian-Li. There aren't many full step-by-step guides because it is so easy these days. But if you do need help in construction, we at Tech-Forums are here to help you through all that as well =)

Kk sounds good to me, Ill check out those cases for sure (BIG case)... I liked the antec nine one because its got a massive fan on, and was relatively cheap. What about air flow in the design of a case is there anyhting in particular I should be looking out for??? Or am I over complicating things... OOooo Its pink Ill take it.

Is it all plug and play nowhere days on most components???

One recommendation I would have is the new NZXT Tempest. It is very similar to the Antec 900 but has even more fans and looks cooler in my opinion.

You want to look for a good rear exhaust fan, a good front intake fan first. A good side fan, top fan, or side vent are also pluses. Oh and size matters. 120mm and up are better for cooling. Some 80-90mm will do ok, but if you want the most cooling and airflow, you gotta go big!

Wait for the new cards to come out, only two weeks or so away.

Out of interest how long do they keep a graphic card series running for before they cycle it out???

question! Do you have to buy the CPU heat sinks seperately?? Danke merci Thanks oh and Takk arigato shukran... im out l8z.

Out of interest how long do they keep a graphic card series running for before they cycle it out???

It really depends. The 8800 gtx has been on top and a great card for what? A year and a half now? While the 9800gx2 is the top card atm and will be pushed out soon by both ATI and nvidia cards, which means it has only been on top for a few months.

This next one reminds me of when the g80 was first released. Maybe this one will be like the 8800 gtx and last ages.

You can use the stock cpu heatsink, but we recommend getting an aftermarket one.

Also, watch your double posting. You can edit your last posts to avoid doing that.

The most likely reason why the 8800GTX is still hot for a year and half now is cuz ATI was still getting it together with amd, trying to make it through the merger so they couldn't get any real products for competition against Nvidia.

Luckily now ATI pushed through and both companies now are returning their normal 6 month refresh competiion is the key for a good product.

So ATI's 4870 or Nvidia's Geforce 280? only 2 weeks to find out ;)

NOOOO!!!! Dont go Creative! They have very buggy drivers n they suck!

trust me, i have the XtremeGamer n sound goes off n on A LOT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom