3-Way ATI CrossFire: Double Graphics, Single Physics

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgoldb2

In Runtime
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/multimedia/display/20060606235605.html

I have too se it in action but if I understand it correctly you have the option of

1 graphics + 1 physics

or

2 graphics + 1 physics

If they telling the truth the x1600XT is much better then the dedicated PPU available today. X1600XT can be gotten for much cheaper at around $140.

If it works as good as they claim I would not mind doing the 2 card only option and have a

A X1900XT for graphics and a X1600XT for Physics.

yeah except you cant use the x1600Xt just by putting it into a PCI slot, now can u.

[rant]

I dont get it. What is the cpu there for? Video is handeled by the GPU, physics by the PPU, sound by the SPU (lol, i think one of the XF-i's does it or something), power by the PSU (lol).

I see no reason to have a PPU.

People complain that it decreases frame rates. DUH! Thats because there's more stuff for the video card to render!

[/rant]

This is a more reasonable idea than 2 x 7950GX2's equaling 4 video cards. But still, just make faster video cards, not more of them.

Ever thought that people might be upgrading there rig soon and will want this!? Its new technology if they did bring out new stuff then no1 would be interested.

Lets see, we have GPU, CPU, PPU, APU, lol.... Anyway is there any benchmarks of the x1600 or x1900 vs. the physx card for physics?

Ever thought that people might be upgrading there rig soon and will want this!? Its new technology if they did bring out new stuff then no1 would be interested.
You dont understand what im saying. I have an nF3 ultra w/ X2 3800+, 7800GS why would i want to switch out everything to ATI when i can just buy a PPU? Its something great for ATI users, but for Nvidia users its a massive change and waste of money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom