3 Screens, One Graphics Card.

sparapet

Beta member
Hi All,

I recently purchasd an Asus K55a laptop, and I am wondering if it's possible to add three screens to it. Graphics card is a Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4000,
i currently have a second monitor with the VGA cable, would purchasing a splitter work for adding a third screen? But more importantly, would the card be able to support that?

From what I can find, if your laptop had DisplayPort it could do 3 monitors. However, it looks like you'll only be able to do 2 (either 2 external via HDMI/VGA or Laptop display + 1 external).

If you really needed 3 monitors, you could always get a USB -> HDMI adapter. You won't be able to play games on that monitor, but you can use it for productivity purposes.

Yeah, I am not a gamer, I just work on my computer extremely quickly, I actually want to hook a third monitor up to mount on the wall above my workspace, mostly to just show trending stock charts and whatnot.

Ahh should have clarified in OP, I want to add TWO additional screens to my laptops original. So, laptop+2 monitors.

Only question I have with that is, will my computer recognize it as an additional monitor once I hook that up? (Assuming I download the proper drivers to run it and such)

Sweet, I will look into that. I cant run a VGA/HDMI out of my laptop simultaneously due to the fact that they're shoved adjacent to each other, and the oversized VGA covers half the HDMI port. USB adapter would work great. Cheers all, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom