3 new comps

Status
Not open for further replies.
to compare intel's clock to amd's clock is like comparing nvidia stream processors to ati's.

Someone on here once put it in a very simple way of thinking and I will copy it

Let's say nvida farm has 200 cows that produce a total of 400 gallons of milk a day
Now ATI farm has 800 cows that produce a total of 200 gallons of milk a day
(I have no idea how much a cow farm produces a day I'm sure I'm way off)
Nvidia's stream processors are clocked faster, and this works the same with intel vs amd.

the intel i7 2.6ghz is probably equivalent to like an amd phenom II x4 4.2 ghz or something. The i7 is also highly overclockable.

to compare intel's clock to amd's clock is like comparing nvidia stream processors to ati's.

Someone on here once put it in a very simple way of thinking and I will copy it

Let's say nvida farm has 200 cows that produce a total of 400 gallons of milk a day
Now ATI farm has 800 cows that produce a total of 200 gallons of milk a day
(I have no idea how much a cow farm produces a day I'm sure I'm way off)
Nvidia's stream processors are clocked faster, and this works the same with intel vs amd.

the intel i7 2.6ghz is probably equivalent to like an amd phenom II x4 4.2 ghz or something. The i7 is also highly overclockable.

The nvidia SPs aren't clocked higher, they are simply more robust and complicated than ATIs.

i read on here that they are clocked higher so i just spat out information as stated. really besides the point though because either way it gets the point across how they are not equivalent.

much like from brand to brand tv contrast ratios cannot be compared.

This is a warning to all thread participants. The use of terms such as "fanboy" and resulting arguments will not be tolerated. If you feel someone has been misinformed, please provide the information and answers in a generous and straightforward manner without adding any negative connotations such as "noob."

It is always possible for people to have different personal experiences with the same hardware and be unaware of the overall situation.

This is what I would do:
Newegg.com - XFX HD-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD 4890 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply - Power Supplies
Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

That beats the snot out of any AMD build and it is well under budget.

This is a warning to all thread participants. The use of terms such as "fanboy" and resulting arguments will not be tolerated. If you feel someone has been misinformed, please provide the information and answers in a generous and straightforward manner without adding any negative connotations such as "noob."

It is always possible for people to have different personal experiences with the same hardware and be unaware of the overall situation.

understood.

Surgevel, noted and understood. Zmatt's build looks good. Go with that.

But surgevel, your site is messed up if you didn't know...If you select purchase it goes to an error page. Also, the low low low end computers are liek 1800 dollars, same price as the high end.

ok, i will give radeon cards and intel 1 more shot, if i end up not liking this build i will stick with my 100% successes with my amd and nivida cards

this build is only $100 more than the build i posted which isnt bad, but i dont think the mobo costs too much, is there a cheaper one i can use? also it doesnt look like it has an hdmi port on it, and i was plan on using this Newegg.com - Acer X233Hbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI Full 1080P Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 40000:1 (ACM) - LCD Monitors . i will go with the recomended i7 and ati card you posted, along with the psu and memory, altho the mobo im kind of iffy on, but i could always swap monitors i guess...

also if anyone can give me some kind of feedback on zmatts build thatd be great, the reviews on the items he posted look pretty solid.

1 more thought, i dont know much about overclocking, if i do get this build do you think someone will be able to help me overclock it? like give me a walkthru on it? ive looked at some places about overclocking and most the info i find on it is go to your bios and only OC at 5mhz at a time using prime95 to check your temps, but with my luck ide mess something up doing that method.

doh actually i didnt factor in the windows vista, i knew i was missing something, so that would put me at $200 more, which would bring my total to $1,280 which i cant do, so i can save about $50 on another monitor, but im going to need to switch mobos, due to the fact that mobo is pretty expencive, if i can save more money on a mobo i can do that build.

or maybe i can even save on the psu?

Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

if i do this, it puts it at just over $1200, need to get it a little cheaper still, but i can cut back with the montior

A mobo does not need an hdmi port? That's only for onboard graphics. Your video card have a dvi port. And yes we have many guides and many people that could help you OC

The HD 4890 comes with a DVI -> HDMI adapter you could use to connect that monitor.

The Biostar Tpower is one of the top x58 motherboard and isn't that expensive as far as x58's go either. The link zmatt posted was a combo deal that included the Biostar as well as 6gb of DDR3 1600mhz ram which was why that total price seemed high.

Surgevel, noted and understood. Zmatt's build looks good. Go with that.

But surgevel, your site is messed up if you didn't know...If you select purchase it goes to an error page. Also, the low low low end computers are liek 1800 dollars, same price as the high end.

Lol, yes my site is not exactly "operational" in it's current state. I really should hide it from view since it has been under construction for so long now :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom