2gb ram>1gb??

Status
Not open for further replies.
That chart is simply supposed to show the effect that less RAM than you need has on gameplay. BF2 takes up more than 1GB of memory, fire it up, set it on High settings and see for yourself. Even though 1GB of memory will experience less extreme drops in FPS, as long as the game is taking over 1GB, the drops WILL be there, and they WILL affect your gameplay.

BF2 is THE game that made it necessary for gamers to upgrade to 2GB.

Ok my friend I have a perfect reply for you, I have 2gb of ram as you see in my sig, 2 days ago ONE of the gb of ram went bad leaving me with 1 gb left, I am getting a refund for that one to get a new one....but for the last two days with only 1g I have noticed how much of a diffrence ram makes......a HUGE one. So please make sure you get 2g of ram, it will make games ALOT better.....feel like I have a bad computer almost now cause of some annoying lag I have never got before on occasion....

Even w/ a gig of ram your machine should do everything fine. My machine does everything almost perfect w/ 512 installed if i take out the sticks i have now.

Re: Re: 2gb ram>1gb??

eleclipper said:
WOW! i didn't even know they made a 256GB version, i looked in froogle, but only foung 256 mb version, could you point me to the right direction

Yea so you don't have to be an *** to the original poster. Some people make spelling mistakes. Get over it.

I notice a huge difference between 1gb and 512mb. WIth this dual core though I definitely want 2gb as I can't multitask as good with 1gb since that gets used easily.

No current game will really hog 2 gigs of memory, maybe 2 gigs of memory would make your FPS jump slightly, but probably not worth it. 2 gigs of memory is only good when tied with a dual core cpu and you want to be multitasking.

More ram means better speed and less L3 or L4 cacheing....depeding if you have a L3 cache...then HD is L4...etc....you get it...

Well, you may also want to move xp to a ram drive....basically a pci card with a bunch of sticks of ram.
Speed is greatly improved, but still short of what was expected....still a worthwile investment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom