2900PRO is officially a VERY good performance card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think its that amazing... when it beats the 8800 GTS, it only beats it by a bit and only on the higher resolutions (considering the increased ram, obviously)

When the 8800 GTS beats it, the performance difference is incredible... not to mention the 8800 GTS is significantly quieter and uses less power

I admit that I'm a Nvidia fanboy, but the performance is nearly exactly the same... with more noise and more power consumption

The only place where the 2900PRO really pulls ahead is the benchmarks where it raises up a good 600?

i'm gonna need 1680 x 1080 and overclocking benches before i change my mind from the 8800gts
:edit: hmm i thought the 2900 gt was coming out with the pro

If you looked at the link properly, then you would realise that it is the last page in an 18 page review, that includes in-depth benchmarking.

My bad.

Respectable benchmarks, but like others have said. Not significant enough to upgrade. 60fps to 70 fps... eh.

Impressive and worth the suggested build over the GTS now, but no need to upgrade from GTS to PRO

This is not impressing me to the extent of abandoning nVidia or my XFX 8800GTS.

It's not supposed to....

I don't think its that amazing... when it beats the 8800 GTS, it only beats it by a bit and only on the higher resolutions (considering the increased ram, obviously)

When the 8800 GTS beats it, the performance difference is incredible... not to mention the 8800 GTS is significantly quieter and uses less power

I admit that I'm a Nvidia fanboy, but the performance is nearly exactly the same... with more noise and more power consumption

The only place where the 2900PRO really pulls ahead is the benchmarks where it raises up a good 600?

You're forgetting that the msrp for this card is $20 lower then the street price for the GTS after rebates. Soon I bet you could get a 2900pro for $225 or so AR. That's when the deal comes in.

And just a note, stock vs. stock, the 2900pro and 8800gts are not far off in power consumption/heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom