260 gtx Vs. 280 gtx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya I will look into it further gave me some good points to think about.
I almost crapped my pants when my son ran his PS3 on that TV and when he turned it off it had a image ghosted on it but it cleared completely up after acouple hours of reg full screen tv viewing.
My understanding is that LCD will burn in and Plasma will just have image retention is this correct? Im wondering if a PC hooked up would be any different as far as possibly damaging the image I don't game for an hour when I game I game till I am done wich usually takes awhile when i get the time.
Since then I got him a wii and i only use the PS3 for the Blue Ray.
I don't mean to get far off topic here. But i guess its still in refference to video cards.

LCD's won't burn in. Plasma's will. Image retention and burn in are the same thing. Plasma's will, but most have a feature that automatically gets rid of it.

Also if you're looking to get a plasma just don't leave the computer on the same screen with the TV on for many hours straight or you will get permanent burn in and be sol.

Burn in really isn't even a problem anymore. As long as you stick with Panasonic or Pioneer it shouldn't be an issue. Go with a Samsung and you're taking a big risk.

I have yet to have a customer have a burn in problem in the last 8 months i've worked in sales if they stuck with a Panasonic. Very reliable.

I used to rep for Panasonic and according to them you would have to keep the same image on the screen for about a week to actually get any long lasting burn in. And even then it would go away after a while. And that was a couple years ago so I would think their even better now. I've also always heard great reviews from people that own them so I don't think Panny is lying.

@Thresh25. Does Samsung really have a problem with burn in? I always thought they were around Panasonic level...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom