26" High def TV/ Upgrading Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah no problems, but i mean this is the same res i had my old crap monitor at id like to think i could do better than that. maybe i need a better viedo card?

nah. TV's generally aren't meant to have great resolutions or great quality for computers. It's meant for a standard feed to come through and be displayed. Try it on the 1366x768 if that's possible or something near that, or the standard 720p res and see if that makes it any clearer..

Yeah when I go to 1360x768 (which is recommended in the manual) the sides of the screen get all shaky. I wish I would have known before my impulse buy that a monitor would look a lot better...lol. Would I get a better resolution with the HDMI to DVI chord?

Yeah, not sure what a return policy would be on a cable like that though. Eventually I've got to upgrade my now ancient video card anyways, I was thinking the 9800 gtx+ would be in my price range, and this one

Newegg.com - MSI N9800GTX Plus-512M OC GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

is rather cheap. I've bought from BFG and XFX I don't know much about MSI's reliability. Anybody know much about that particular model?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom