26" High def TV/ Upgrading Processor - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 10:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

Default Re: 26" High def TV/ Upgrading Processor

make sure you have drivers updated and are running at 60hz. It might be that the TV doesn't like that res.

A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

In the manual that was the recommended resolution when hooked up via VGA

Old 02-05-2009, 10:21 PM   #13 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

And does it run fine on the lower res you've got it at now?
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #14 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

yeah no problems, but i mean this is the same res i had my old crap monitor at id like to think i could do better than that. maybe i need a better viedo card?
Old 02-05-2009, 11:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

nah. TV's generally aren't meant to have great resolutions or great quality for computers. It's meant for a standard feed to come through and be displayed. Try it on the 1366x768 if that's possible or something near that, or the standard 720p res and see if that makes it any clearer..

Old 02-07-2009, 03:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Yeah when I go to 1360x768 (which is recommended in the manual) the sides of the screen get all shaky. I wish I would have known before my impulse buy that a monitor would look a lot better...lol. Would I get a better resolution with the HDMI to DVI chord?
Old 02-07-2009, 03:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

it's possible. I'd say try it and if it doesn't work just return it..

Old 02-07-2009, 03:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Yeah, not sure what a return policy would be on a cable like that though. Eventually I've got to upgrade my now ancient video card anyways, I was thinking the 9800 gtx+ would be in my price range, and this one

Newegg.com - MSI N9800GTX Plus-512M OC GeForce 9800 GTX+ 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

is rather cheap. I've bought from BFG and XFX I don't know much about MSI's reliability. Anybody know much about that particular model?
Old 02-08-2009, 07:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Anyone... anyone? Bueler?

Closed Thread