26" High def TV/ Upgrading Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
I am looking at buying a 26" 720P HDTV. First off, if any of you know any good deals anywhere, please guide me. But my main thing here is what resolution would that be, does anyone know? And, will I need a better video card? Currently i have an XFX 8600 GT I believe was the exact model. 256 MB ddr3. It runs BF2, M2TW, and even UT3. It has done quite better than what I expected. Of course I play on an old Multisync FE950 at 1024 x 768. So my question is, ill I need a GPU upgrade to run a TV like that? Thanks in advance

Re: 26" High def TV

I am looking at buying a 26" 720P HDTV. First off, if any of you know any good deals anywhere, please guide me. But my main thing here is what resolution would that be, does anyone know? And, will I need a better video card? Currently i have an XFX 8600 GT I believe was the exact model. 256 MB ddr3. It runs BF2, M2TW, and even UT3. It has done quite better than what I expected. Of course I play on an old Multisync FE950 at 1024 x 768. So my question is, ill I need a GPU upgrade to run a TV like that? Thanks in advance

So im asuming you wanna watch TV and also run your computer off of it too..well if you wasn't gonna use it as a TV.. i suggest get a Hanns-G 28inch 1080P monitor.. got mine for about 350 bucks. and no you will not need to upgrade your video card... i ran a 32 inch HDTV with a old Video card... even with gaming it was perfect

1336x768 is generally the res if you're running a computer off of it. but yeah if you're not going to be watching tv on it as well, get a monitor. much better for the price and performance part of it.

I will be watching TV on it as well, so 1336x768 then?

EDIT: Just bought a 26 inch from best buy

I don't know dude. You could have gotten a much better resolution if you would have went with a monitor. I would think you would want a bigger screen for tv anyway.

It's just for a bedroom, already bought it and it's hooked up via VGA for now. Will eventually get hdmi to dvi. But right now I've got it set on 1024 by 768. in the manual it reccommends 1360 by 768, however when i set it to that the sides of my screen get like shaky. Will this get better with a better cable, or with a better video card? I have the XFX 8600 GT 256 mb ddr3

I have an AMD socket x2 board, with a 2.1ghz processor OC'ed to 2.3. I want to upgrade, and I want to be able to see a pretty decent difference.

I'm sort of confused on some things, a processor .1ghz faster is at the same price, and then black edition vs regular. I believe the black edition is where the multiplier is unlocked so better for OCing, idk prove me wrong maybe. So anyways, what is the best buy here?

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600 Brisbane 2.9GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

this one is 90 nm.
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

black edition, actually the cheapest
Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 Brisbane 2.8GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core black edition Processor - Processors - Desktops

Newegg.com - AMD Athlon X2 5400B 2.8GHz 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 65W Dual-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

Re: Upgrading Processor

The Black Edition are the AMD CPUs that have unlocked multiplier. They aren't great overclockers but I would go with a Black Edition than a regular one.

You don't need to make another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom