$2500 Rig. Need some help. - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 02-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re: $2500 Rig. Need some help.

i hadn't realized that you wanted triple crossfire, but i checked and that corsair PSU should be able to run the 5870s in triple crossfire no problem.

here's the article:
PC Perspective - AMD Radeon HD 5870 Triple CrossFireX Performance Testing

"Is virtue a thing remote? I wish to be virtuous, and lo! Virtue is at hand." -Confucius
Old 02-09-2010, 11:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

i think the plan was triple 5850 or crossfire 5870^ it's not worth going for triple anyway, it just cost too much for what you get.

As said, you wont need water, that involves learning a whole lot if you thought about making your own loop. The prolimatech magehalems and the Titan Fenrir are the two best cooler on the market, you will only need one good quality fan like a scythe s-flex which isn't too loud but still provides good airflow. Adding two won't give you that much of a decrease in temps. The HAF comes loaded with cooling so don't worry about buying any additional cooling fans, it's most likely if you add any more you will just disrupt the intended airflow.

<<<Please give me Rep if I have helped you<<<

I7 930 @ 4GHz : Noctua D-14
Gigabyte X58A-UD7 : Asus GTX 480
G.Skill Trident 1600MHz 6-8-7-18 : Samsung F3 1TB
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB : Silverstone RV02 Case
Silverstone Strider Plus 1Kw : Sony DRU-870s Optical
Samsung P2350 Monito

Old 02-09-2010, 11:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to bloodzero

Well by the time I get to tripple crossfire, probably won't be for another year and a half or so. And who knows how quickly technology will jump. Might end up being something worth doing. Once my refunds come through from newegg, going to reorder some parts and I'll put this baby together. Hopefully it all goes through without a hitch.

Should I get some info on OCing now? Or just wait till it's up and running? Don't know how the overclocking works.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Send a message via AIM to bloodzero

Parts are on it's way. 3 day shipping. Should have this baby put together by Monday nightish? Maybe Tuesday at worst case? How difficult is it to install a heatsink/fan? Never used one before. Self explanatory? Will post a thread with pics as soon as I get it put together. Thanks for all the help.
Old 02-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie

If you have any overclocking questions just ask. Here's a Guide.
i7 Overclocking Guide

Closed Thread