2500$ Budget for an Overclockable PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gah i hate idiots

ok when your gaming as of now only one core will do the work now what this means is that youll be able to run a lot more applications at one time. However as games become more advanced they will start taking advantage of the second core. There is no need to turn a core off.

Alos the fx line is wayyyyy overpriced for their performance
id have to suggest a 3800 x2
along with a pair of 7800gtx 512's

...how am I an idiot...for most game you need to turn off a core...I have a friend who has a 3800 X2 and he sometimes needs to turn off one his cores on most aplications, which are mostly games...

I agree with aspire, I'd get a x2 3800 + some 7800GTX, or wait for the new line to come out.
Or get an opteron and overclock it, they overclock verryyyyyyy well.

Personally i would go with an opty 170 or 175. They overclock very well. Also, correct me if i'm wrong but can't you put 2 7200rpm hard drives together and it is still fast. So get 2 wd 250gb with 16mb cache and put them in raid 0. Personally, i am building another comp and right now i am putting in a 6600gt 256 mb (eVGA of course) :smile: and waiting for the next line of video cards from nvidia. Also, since u will overclock you might as well get pc4000 ram if you can fit it into your budget. Although it's not in stock as of this post, this ram seems to fit nicely

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227225

hopefully this post got your mind going on some of the options that you have! And by the way, dont get 2 optical drives as of its unneccesary or however you speel that werd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom