$2500- $3000 build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
Not for me, but my friend is stubborn and wants it...

This DOES NOT include monitor, keyboard, ect...

I give up, and idc if he spends his money on such a build, fine by me.

lol, help me out though cause i keep going "thats too expensive.... oh wait... well..."

And I don't wanna tri-sli anything cause tri sli looks like **** and i dont want to give him ****.

Well, with that price range:

Case:
COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKN3-GP

Motherboard:
EVGA NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra

And thats already $700ish to start out with. Sorry, no time to finish right now. Will give you more suggestions later.

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution RC-830-KKN3-GP Black Aluminum ATX Full Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Newegg.com - EVGA 132-CK-NF79-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
Thats like $550...
Ya, see i'm fighting the instinct NOT to go all out with his build but i guess if he wants that.. ddr3 is the top choice.

Something i need help with.... one of my buddies is saying that The 10,000 rpm raptors still mop the floor with the segate 32mb cache HD... anyone know of any reliable comparisons that show the price/performance or benfit of having the raptor 10,000rpm over the 32mb cache?

Solid state is still too expensive it looks like.

evga 750i FTW
q6700 or q9550
TRUE
2 9800GTX (or gx2x2 if you are feeling spendy)
2x2 crucials or reapers
hard drives of your choice
case of your choice
corsair 750tx

Spend the rest on a party.

And if your buddy buys a raptor, slap him for me. The raptor is doodoo. But a velociraptor :p

don't do the dual 9800gx2's, already had a thread that tested the quad SLI performance, not that great. everything veedub said... hrmmm... go with DDR3 ram, heck he wants it to be expensive. water cooling if you think you can do it. 64 bit os, go with a true badazz case, *check out the thermaltake site for a real treat lol* EVGA 790i, dual EVGA 9800gtx cards, raptor is a good OS drive, get a barracuda for the second, or even two!! get him a terabyte of HDD! badazz sound card, great speakers, good monitor... my first build was actually going to cost me about 3k, then I found stuff on par with what I had and it was cheaper. you can do it, just build a dream machine!

Ya he doesn't want a new monitor he wants to continue using his 15 inch crt....

I really said to him "AT LEAST A 19 INCH COME ON!!!"

my other friend wants to get him tri-sli'd 8800 gtx's and i was like "STFU... no -_-"

I just got back from a lan and i met 4 people with sli'd 8800 gtx's all under 20k 3dmark06...

I think tri sli = NOT! I told them about you veedub and they got mad...

So what do you think... 32mb cache is the best besides solid state? Because if he wants the best i want to give him the best...

Ya, but the 2 9800 gtx's sounds good.. i think i may get him ddr3 just because he wants to spend alot, so why not...

Ill check out some thermaltake cases... but i do like that case that was orignally stated... I'll see

I want to WC his **** but he is probably going to pull one of two things...

1. I DONT WANT TO OVERCLOCK...
2. I DONT WANT TO WATERCOOL BECAUSE I'M A NOOB.

I think so far it will be

790i
2x 9800 gtx's
Q9550 maybe.. idk yet though...
ddr3
case undecided
HD need to know what to get him...
WC i want to get him, but TRUE defiantly if he is a ***... I will NOT allow a stock cooler.... or i refuse to help and let him build a ****** comp himself...

corsair 750TX sounds good, should be plenty of power if it can run 9800gx2x2 for you veedub..

Keep suggestions coming... this kid is going to be force fed a good comp .. -_- and if not I make him spend less because it's such a waste of money after about $1,700... the performance/price just drops.

punch him in the nuts, take enough money from him so all he has left is money to buy a decent rig, and give myself, and vern the money you took. kthxbai

ocz reapers ftw.

**** i'd buy me a watercooling kit and then buy the world with the rest of that money....

Really retarded...but hey I want him to build a comp for the next lan so it's all good.

After reading a toms hardware review for a $500 budget build... I am considering never spending over $800 on a comp again... lol :D

Cheapness ftw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom