25,867 - New World Record in 3dmark06...with HD 2900XTs

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
Only a couple of days ago Shamino succeeded in managing to reach 25.733 using a pair of GeForce 8800 Ultras but it seems that it didn't take long for his record to be broken. Kinc took first place at the ORB and now holds both the 3Dmark 05 and 06 records. The new record is 25.867 points by using two ASUS Radeon HD2900XT's running in a CrossFire configuration alongside of an Intel QX6700 overclocked to 5029MHz. The HD2900XT's and the CPU were cooled with liquid nitrogen thus making it possible to overclock the GPU's to the awesome 1140MHz core while memories ran at 960MHz. AMD/ATI's Radeon 2900 XT now holds both the first and second place in 3DMark 05, and first and third in 3DMark 06. The thing is how long will it take for someone to use Liquid Nitrogen to cool a couple of 8800 Ultras thus beating Kinc's record ?

Futuremark score

Source

The HD 2900XTs have come a long way, haven't they...

Yes...they are capable, but I'm just saying...the 2900XTs have come a long way. Before they were outperformed by the 8800GTS.

Yes...they are capable, but I'm just saying...the 2900XTs have come a long way. Before they were outperformed by the 8800GTS.

yeah still, I used to be the biggest fan of ATI ( I had a 9800 pro and a x800 xl, both amazing products that served me well ). I gotta say thought...the R600 chipset in general was a huge dissapointment to me for a variety of reasons.

1. It was delayed a ridiculous amount of time, letting nvidia pick up some serious steam

2. When it did come out with bad drivers, the damage was already done. A lot of the public still believes the 2900 XTs perform like crap. They honestly should have came out with the card after the stable far better performing drivers came out.

3. The lower versions ( 2600 or whatever their name is ) is total crap, read some of the reviews of it and you will see what I mean. Only the 2900 XT should be considered.

4. Heard the cards in general have a problem with anti-aliasing for some reason, many reviews had to disable AA in them.

If I could go back in time and had to buy a graphic card now I still would go for the evga 8800 gtx with my 22 inch dell lcd.

lol but keeping in mind they had to use liquid nitrogen to overclock the GPUs that they would beat an 8800 Ultra SLI? har har ATI

The Ultras were cooled with LN2 as well, when they had the record previously.

Liquid nitrogen is better than dry ice, but then those 2900XTs were of the 512MB variety.

this isnt really a post on the topic, but can i please draw everyone's attention to Jumping_Bean's signature.

wait for it ..... wait for it.....

lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom