24" monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Well somehow in the process of removing my old board and installing my new board the dvi connection on my 20" viewsonic took a dump. I've been looking for an excuse to go bigger anyway. So does anyone have experience with this monitor? I checked it out at microcenter and it looks really nice, but i've heard bad things about past acer monitors from one of the guys i work with. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with it.

Newegg.com - Acer AL2416WBsd Silver 24" 5ms DVI Widescreen LCD Monitor 400 cd/m2 1000:1 - Retail

I've been hearing good things, about that particular monitor. Very nice for the price too. But as meat_helmet said...you can't play games on that resolution. Well maybe on the low settings.

Nah, the video card is getting replaced this week with either an 8800 gts or gtx, i havent decided yet.

Eh, the reason im going 24" is that i already have a 20" viewsonic and want a higher resolution.

There are some great articles on the internet regarding the Acer compared to the Dell 24. They conclude that the Dell is better, primarily because of the inputs for the monitors. You should google dell and acer and 24 and search for the articles. I personally think the Acer monitor looks great in person, but I have not owned one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom