24" Gaming Monitor for new PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get vista home premium 64. STOP SPREADING STUPID RUMORS. I have not had a single, NOT 1, game that will not run on my 64 bit OS. Even diablo 2, made back in 2000 runs on vista 64. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

The only reason to ever run a 32 bit OS is if you have an old craptacular 32 bit cpu.

RicOh,

$4800 including tax and shipping and some few free items.

Other PC makers sites (Alienware, Velocity Micro Raptor Signature Edition, Digital Storm, Silent PC) I always wound up between $10K and $11K.

PC World consistentely gives positive ratings to Cyberware for value.

dario03 and veedubfreak: If I like the PC I will update it myself with another 4GB of the same memory and Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit with service pack one. I've never opened a case before but my brother said it is no big deal really. If I go this route is there anything else I should be aware of in terms of making adjustments to bios, etc?

SuxoR: Thanks for the positive feedback re: Samsung.

Thank you all!

FYI, you dont need 8gb of memory unless doing something like running 100 virtual machines. 4gb is MORE than enough for anything and everything you could possibly want to do.

A 32bit os can read up to 4GB Total, not 3.5gb or 3.2gb or whatever.

The cards have their own memory, but the system still reads only a total of 4gb, so if you got 4GB of system ram and those GTX cards in SLI, you will only have 3GB system ram available, because 1Gb is reserved for the cards.

SLI does not add up video ram, two 1GB cards still come out to being 1GB total.

Get vista home premium 64. STOP SPREADING STUPID RUMORS. I have not had a single, NOT 1, game that will not run on my 64 bit OS. Even diablo 2, made back in 2000 runs on vista 64. DO YOUR RESEARCH.

The only reason to ever run a 32 bit OS is if you have an old craptacular 32 bit cpu.

i havent found many...BUT...battlefield 1942 and brothers in arms EiB dont work for me. EiB puts some starforce crap on my comp in the system drivers that prevents my rig from starting (even in safe mode)...i had to take my HDD out and connect it to another computer to erase the driver. lol, at least i didnt have to reformat. which sucks, cos i really liked that game. and it doesn't work in compatibilty mode. which sucks cos i really liked that game. lol. bf1942 just doesnt ever load up. haven't found a fix for either one, yet.

EDIT**
well, i just found a fix for EiB...and it works. so, one less game that doesnt work. :D

OP thats a heavy hitter of a pc. hope you stick around long enough to overclock it and share your results.

A 32bit os can read up to 4GB Total, not 3.5gb or 3.2gb or whatever.

The cards have their own memory, but the system still reads only a total of 4gb, so if you got 4GB of system ram and those GTX cards in SLI, you will only have 3GB system ram available, because 1Gb is reserved for the cards.

SLI does not add up video ram, two 1GB cards still come out to being 1GB total.

Woops silly me. I'm just so used to saying 3.5gb because of most people having 512mb gpu.
But is the memory in SLI addressed? I knew it wasn't used but I thought windows still addressed it.

Woops silly me. I'm just so used to saying 3.5gb because of most people having 512mb gpu.
But is the memory in SLI addressed? I knew it wasn't used but I thought windows still addressed it.

As far as i know, SLI doesnt add up memory so even if you have two cards with 1GB memory each, total vram is 1GB so the system should address 1GB as well.

Out of SLI mode its the same, because windows addresses the memory on the primary gpu.

Get the 64-bit Vista. What is this crap?? I have had 64-bit Vista for about 9-months now with minimal problems. There is ABSOLUTELY no reason to get 32-bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom