24" Gaming monitor help me decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3wcl@w

Baseband Member
Right i am in a bit of a predicament i have a 20" NEC 20GWX widescreen monitor and i have decided to upgrade to a 24" moinitor.But which one these are my choices

Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Midnight Grey
Dell Ultrasharp 2408WFP 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Midnight Grey

NEC MultiSync® LCD2470WNX 24" Widescreen Professional LCD Monitor - Black
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-027-NE&groupid=703&catid=17&subcat=510&name=NEC%20MultiSync®%20LCD2470WNX%2024"%20Widescreen%20Professional%20LCD%20Monitor%20-%20Black

BenQ FP241W 24" Widescreen HDMI/HDCP LCD HD Monitor - Silver/Black
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=MO-021-BQ&groupid=703&catid=17&subcat=510&name=BenQ%20FP241W%2024"%20Widescreen%20HDMI/HDCP%20LCD%20HD%20Monitor%20-%20Silver/Black

Now someone wrote a review about the benQ saying that he got one but he had 5 dead pixels but benQ would only replace it if it had 7 dead pixels which is obserd

has any one got any of these monitors or know of any better ones i could try or if not which would you get this is for gaming only

i have the dell 2408wfp monitor, i love it. Dell has a zero dead/stuck pixel policy on that monitor so if it has one you can send it back for replacement, and i think they have a 30day period where you can send it back for any reason no questions asked.

this is my user review i wrote up for the dell site.
Pros
The brightness and colors blow me away. I've looked at other monitors and then I look at this and all i can say is "wow". So much better than any TN panel. Has a multitude of inputs, i have my computer hooked up via DVI and my PS3 hooked up via hdmi. And it has a stereo out so the sound goes thru hdmi to the monitor and out the stereo out on the monitor into my computer speakers which have 2 inputs. No ghosting, plays games and movies wonderfully. Others talk about bad input lag, I don't notice any playing TF2 or any games via the ps3.

Cons
The left side of the screen (about an inch off the left side) is slightly brighter than the rest as others have said. Its not backlight bleeding, its just slightly brighter, so a dark image will still be dark and honestly web browsing or watching movies I forget its even there. But if you go looking for it you can spot it.

Additional Thoughts
I turned the brightness down from 50% to 30% and changed the preset settings from desktop to custom rgb (92,90,98). Sometimes (mostly when i watch movies) i notice the colors just arn't right which is solved by switching from 'graphics' mode to 'video' mode. It might look darker or have a blueish tint when you first switch modes but just wait a minute and u'll notice everything is alright. Same when switching back to 'graphics' mode for desktop use, it'll look strange when you first switch but just wait a minute and u'll see everything looks normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom