$230 8600GTS' clock speeds: so which one should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmNurse10

Baseband Member
I was looking at the new 8600 cards and found the following:

Bfg 8600 GTS OC - core clockspeed of 710MHz and 2GHz memory
Evga 8600 GTS Superclocked - core clockspeed of 720MHz and 2.1GHz memory
XFX 8600 GTS XXX – core clockspeed of 730MHz and 2.26Ghz memory

All were about $230 on NE, but the XFX comes with GRAW.

Looks like the XFX GTS XXX is faster on paper, but in real life what do these clock speed differences really mean?

Has anyone done a comparison review?

Do not get an overclocked 8600gts whatever you do. Do NOT. Pay $30 more and get the evga 8800GTS 320mb (2 free games: Supreme commander from newegg and dark messiah in the bundle) and get a HUGE performance increase over any of these. If you really can't pay an extra $30, wait for prices to drop (and wait for ati's card mid-may if you have the patience) and get a non-overclocked 8600gts and overclock it yourself (it's uber easy and you'll be able to get past any of these speeds) or get an ol' DX9 card.

I completely agree with mrfluffles. Only about $30 more, can get you an 8800GTS.

I was in the same boat as you, and while i was looking at the 8600gts's i looked at the price difference, and it's really better just to save a little for an 8800gts 320. it's like 60 dollars more than one of the base 8600gts's, and it's a good deal better. Plus team 3d uses that pny card, so you should DEFINATELY get it now, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom