22" monitor dead, recommendations for a new one plz!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Samsung and it looks great. Only issue is a little unevenness in back levels when it's completely dark. But that is just the nature of LCDs.

If you look at the reviews of the Samsung 226BW on newegg.com you will see what I mean, since sometime now I have been reading and hearing about different kinds of panel for the Samsung 226BW the monitor don't show anymore this on the back or whatever the place they were putting it but as far as I know they had 3 different panels A, S & C if I'm correct.

Note: I'm really interested in this monitor but I just want to know about the panel thing just to remove this "uneasy feeling" that I have..

Thanks in advance for you input guys!

i looked out for the exact same thing when getting my 226bw. samsung started off the 226bw production line with their own, quality 'S' panels in them, which had perfect colours...etc, then after the 226bw reviews by reviewers and such were done, they quietly offsourced panel making to other companies, and thus the 'C' and 'A' panels. From what i hear, the S are the best, then C, then A. i have the C panel, and after a colour correcting software Review: Samsung 226BW LCD, "C" Panel | AndrewSwihart.net as shown on that website, its perfect, so no worries :)

i looked out for the exact same thing when getting my 226bw. samsung started off the 226bw production line with their own, quality 'S' panels in them, which had perfect colours...etc, then after the 226bw reviews by reviewers and such were done, they quietly offsourced panel making to other companies, and thus the 'C' and 'A' panels. From what i hear, the S are the best, then C, then A. i have the C panel, and after a colour correcting software Review: Samsung 226BW LCD, "C" Panel | AndrewSwihart.net as shown on that website, its perfect, so no worries :)

Thanks for that article I know it will be a lot of help, I'm gonna read it tonight, since I'm going to some local store now to see if I can find the monitor because newegg ask me around $60 to deliver here to Puerto Rico and thats not cool.

I mentioned what the panels were......A,S,C, the S panel is for samsung, C for cheinmen(however you spell it) and the A is some other brand. The S samsung panel is what you get when you buy it off a respectable site, ie newegg. The other two panels, A, C, are knockoffs.

Thank you everyone for your inputs, recommendations, and suggestions I will be buying the Samsung 226BW after all. When it arrive I will make sure to post some pictures of my setup with the new monitor.

Happy New Year!!

-------
Phanto

I ordered myn of newegg and i got a C. This was around may 2007, so maybe they only ship S panels now. My C panel has treated me good though. The only problem is you can notice some back light bleeding (whiteness on the bottom and top) when im on a black screen or watching movies that have a higher aspect ratio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom