2000$ limit gaming build, movie watching ect. please help choose :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkayone

Beta member
Hi, ive built an amd pc few years ago for 1.5k, and its still great.

now im looking to build something with maximum 2000$ but i would love to use less and save money, just looking to get the best value for my money,
need to be able to run most new games at best settings, wow cata/ sc2/ things like that (shouldnt be too demanding im guessing), watch movies (still yet to try watching hd movies)

also i like amd, my idea is that you get alot better value for the cheaper prices (maybe im wrong?)

another thing to add, ive been using a macbook lately and im inlove with the mac osx soo being able to dual boot mac, would be a GREAT plus, not sure how dual booting mac would work and if that is compatible with any hardware, please point me to right direction for that (if not its not a big deal i have a mac for that)

also i need to include a monitor and speakers,
(maybe waiting around to get a better deal might be worth it?)
for monitor i was thinking, Newegg.com - Acer S231HLbid Black 23" 5ms HDMI LED-Backlight LCD monitor Slim Design 250 cd/m2 ACM 12,000,000:1 (1000:1)
and for speakers, Newegg.com - Logitech Z623 200 w 2.1 Speaker System, THX-Certified

havent look at much other parts yet, not sure if i wanna go with bluray,
also the cheaper i can get this down to the better, just put the maximum i have to spend is $2000 (includes minotor and speakers)
i have mx15 mouse and i have few keyboards so wont need those
also if any extra accesories you think i might need feel free to suggest

please let me know a decent build, sorry to clutter the boards with another thread similar to the others.

Don't know if you wanted AMD again or not, but sandy bridge just came out so I'd go with Intel:

Newegg.com - Rosewill ARMOR Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case ,Full mesh design front bezel, comes with Six Fans-1x Front 120mm Fan, 2x Top 120mm Fan, 1x Rear 120mm Fan, 1x 80mm Fan on motherboard tray, 1x Side 200mm Fan, option Fan-1x Bottom 120mm
Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W ATX12V 2.2 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P67A-UD4 LGA 1155 Intel P67 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Newegg.com - Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
Newegg.com - XFX HD-587X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5870 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card with Eyefinity
Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Newegg.com - Crucial RealSSD C300 CTFDDAC128MAG-1G1 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Newegg.com - LG WH10LS30 10X Blu-ray Burner - LightScribe Support - Bulk - Blu-Ray Burners

I had these bookmarked...but made a few changes with that budget (increased graphics + SSD).
I kept the i5 processor on there because it's really good for the prices, but if you wanted more power, then heres the i7: Newegg.com - Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge 3.4GHz (3.8GHz Turbo Boost) 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I72600K

Dual booting mac wouldn't work with any PC... so give up on that dream.

This would work with your budget. Has Blu-ray burner. The monitor looks good, but, personally, I think the speakers are too much...I think this would be just fine: Newegg.com - Logitech Z320 10 Watts (RMS) 2.0 Speaker System but that's up to you. Also, that monitor looks like it comes with an HDMI cable so you're all set for HD..

All of that (my speaker suggestion, i5 processor) comes out to $1,692.7
w/ your speaker and i5, it comes out to: $1790.89
w/ my speaker suggestion and i7: $1,797.70

and about $20 of standard UPS shipping, depending on where you live.

hey thanks!, question whats the ssd drive good for? is it best to install only the os on there and use the hhd for everything else?

Well it's super fast (compared to regular hard drive) and, with mine, I have installed my OS and all the programs I use the most..but if you don't care about cutting your boot up time, then don't bother with it..

Well it's super fast (compared to regular hard drive) and, with mine, I have installed my OS and all the programs I use the most..but if you don't care about cutting your boot up time, then don't bother with it..

Considering you have a large budget I'd definitely get an SSD. Like Night Fox said they are wickedly fast and for me it isn't just boot time that rapidly increased but pretty much the opening of any program that is on the SSD. For example, when I open iTunes or something similar with a large library on my laptop, which uses a normal HDD, it takes a 30-45 seconds to load up. Maybe a little less time but with my SSD its nearly instantaneous. I love it!

I built my first computer (specs in signature) back in November and got a ton of help from the people here. They are great and will help you find some great deals. Also one thing to look for are the bundle deals on Newegg. They can save you a good deal.

Good luck with your build!

EDIT: Almost forgot. I have the same video card that Night Fox suggested. It is excellent and has handled all my needs. It is a great VGA. Look around obviously but that one has been great for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom