$200 to blow on upgrades. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riceball

Daemon Poster
Hey guys i've got $200 to spend on computer upgrades!!:D I use my pc for a lot of things including gaming. I'd like to upgrade anything that will improve my gaming experience. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Like I posted on your other thread;

$43 - 1 x 512MB Kingston ValueRAM.

$153 - eVGA GeForce 6600GT PCie16-version. I did a bit of rescearch on your mobo and found that it has a PCIexpress x 16 slot for the videocard so that videocard and your motherboard are compatible.

Price will go over $200 with shipping and handling, hope you can afford that :confused:

With that upgrade, you'll have a PC that will run BF2 on mid-settings without lag due to PC.

just wondering, will i notice a considerable difference between this x700 pro and the 6600 GT?

I'm not very familiar with the X700 series and how they perform, but from what I know (and a bit of guessing) I'd say you'll see a huge improvement in performance (I know I did, check the bottom of my sig :classic: ).

From the website you linked;

The AOpen card based on the 6600GT has a sizeable performance lead over the Sapphire card based on the X700 Pro.

The only time that the X700 catches up is during 1600x1200 resolutions, and I doubt you'll be able to run at 1600x1200 with your PC Riceball. If you upgrade, we will have practically the same PC and I know I can't run at 1600x1200 very well.

wow i feel like killing myself for buying that x700 for $170. Maybe i'll have to sell it on ebay lol.

Riceball said:
wow i feel like killing myself for buying that x700 for $170. Maybe i'll have to sell it on ebay lol.

I bought a FX5200 from Circuit City for...too much. It was back when I didn't even know what a motherboard was...:rolleyes:. I know the feeling of wanting to shoot yourself though, lol. :classic:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom