£200 - £400 Budget ($800 If Your A Yank :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.

khan008

In Runtime
So, im not looking to spend masses on this computer. I dont want it to do much except for basic applications, no need for gaming because that what the PS3 is for. I know this is on the high performence PC system part but thats just because more people look at this thread :happy: One thing that you may want to take into consideration is that I can claim VAT back if that matters a great deal.

So things I have already;

19" monitor, but if a bigger one would be better im open to suggestions just dont let it be rediculously expensive.

And finally, this is off topic but does anyone have any knowledge on car audio systems? because i am looking to buy one, however, I really do not have a clue on how to choose from the massive selection. The budget on that is about the same :D

Thanks!!

Hey Khan is back.

Quick suggestions would be q6600, 4gb of ram, 8800gs (not great but cheap and you said its not really for gaming).

Hey Khan is back.

Quick suggestions would be q6600, 4gb of ram, 8800gs (not great but cheap and you said its not really for gaming).

heyyy...ehmm quad cores and 4gb sounds like quite a bit for basic stuff, im not too sure, how much would that cost?

Actually DDR2 RAM is cheap you can get 4gb for around $100

Q6600's for $219-ish

and the 8800gs is like $99

Nowadays its pretty easy to own the performance of your rig

Actually DDR2 RAM is cheap you can get 4gb for around $100

Q6600's for $219-ish

and the 8800gs is like $99

Nowadays its pretty easy to own the performance of your rig

its actually depressing to see how cheap things have become, but im not looking to overclock or any RAID0 nonsense i just want to put it together and go.

Another thing do you own a macbook or know anyone who does own a macbook?

its actually depressing to see how cheap things have become, but im not looking to overclock or any RAID0 nonsense i just want to put it together and go.

Another thing do you own a macbook or know anyone who does own a macbook?
Why, are you considering on buying one?

Why, are you considering on buying one?

well ive already ordered one on the 27th, i got the basic macbook but i got 2gb ram because i saw the graphics was shared memory. But because of that it had to be custom built so it wont arrive until the 9th of april. But apparently the mac office 2008 has so many bugs and problems im just wondering if it was worth £811 or $1622

Is the look of the thing important? you can save a lot of money by buying a cheaper case like a Aopen 50D or a Aopen 50A for around the 30 - 50 quid mark.

You can get your hands on a 8600GTS from asus for £70 512mb.

An have you seen the price of DDR2 recently 4gb is cheep as anything **** i can place a order right now an get 8gb (533) of the stuff (not performance mind you) for under 100 quid, OCUK ram is good stuff 2gb of DDR2 667 for £40 including vat!

The processor an mobo just get a Matx one that is in AM2 an a 4200 for 80 quid (for the two) an then a Pioner DVD-RW for another £20 an an £250 SATA hard drive an then your away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom