$20 PayPal to whoever solves my OverClocking problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

smashedpumpkins

In Runtime
EDIT: NVM!

WOW! The stupidest mistake... I figured since I purchased my board in late November the new Bios that was released October 2nd should be on my board. I guess I was wrong. I loaded the new BIOS and as easy as that. I'll post some results in a bit!

I decided to come to this thread for a few reasons.

Reason number 1: to figure out your problem which could be too much memory, try overclocking with just 1-2gb of ram. Make sure you try both combinations incase for some reason something is wrong with 1-2 sticks of ram that memtest or whatever can't find.
Also it could be that cpu cause not all of them allow you to overclock as high as you want.

Reason 2 to why I came to this thread is cause you should've got an AMD!!!

The newer AMD'S will kill Intel's sales.

My old PC from last year is AMD. Has a 4200 in it, but I decided to go with intel this time as at the time everyone said get a q6600. I haven't tried just 1 2gb stick. I'll go ahead and try that out though I don't think that will do it. If it does though I'll love you! lol.

Disable speed spectrum? C1E? EIST?

Try:
FSB: 1.4
SPP: 1.4
MCP: 1.525
HT: 1.25

Cpu: 1.5 and if stable start trying lower voltages...
AUX: 1.5

Unlink your ram, and manually set it for what the Ram company says it to be.

Then go into your voltages and set them as so:

MCP: 1.55v
SPP: 1.60v
HT: 1.55v

then up your PCI-e Frequency up to 125Mhz for both of them, then set your HT frequency to like 225Mhz or so.

I run my quad at 3.2 with those voltages above, and I only run a 1.2375 CPU voltage (same as my VID), and its 100% stable.

To test if there is a front side bus wall, set multi to 8 and freq to anything between 350 and 400.

I don't need the money though.

Is your Q6600 a G0 (Core Steping)? Those ones are the ones that overclock the best and are probably what you saw everyone talking about.

What temps are you getting as you are now?
They average around 34-42 degrees at 2.8Ghz.

Disable speed spectrum? C1E? EIST?

Try:
FSB: 1.4
SPP: 1.4
MCP: 1.525
HT: 1.25
Cpu: 1.5 and if stable start trying lower voltages...
AUX: 1.5
I put this in. Right after the boot menu I get a BSOD and it restarts. I first tried 1280 and got the BSOD. Next 1400 and it made it partially into the "Microsoft Corporation" with the loading bar, but then it reset. I then tried 1500 and it did the same as 1400, but froze at the loading bar. Sometimes it froze right when I turned it on. It only displayed the first 4 lines or so. Next I tried 1600. It Froze at verifying DMI pool data. Next boot I got a BSOD. And to back track a little I next tried 1300. It did as the 1400 FSB did.

Unlink your ram, and manually set it for what the Ram company says it to be.

Then go into your voltages and set them as so:

MCP: 1.55v
SPP: 1.60v
HT: 1.55v

then up your PCI-e Frequency up to 125Mhz for both of them, then set your HT frequency to like 225Mhz or so.

I run my quad at 3.2 with those voltages above, and I only run a 1.2375 CPU voltage (same as my VID), and its 100% stable.

First off my SPP only goes up to 1.55v. I set all the frequencies except for HT is set to 224. (Goes by 2's) At 1450 FSB (3.2 Ghz) This looked like it almost passed the loading bar after boot menu, but then it reset. I then tried 1280 FSB leaving everything else where it was and I got a BSOD. After that I tried 1350. It made it into the loading bar but quickly reset. Finally I tried 1400 and received the same results as 1350.

To test if there is a front side bus wall, set multi to 8 and freq to anything between 350 and 400.

I don't need the money though.

I set everything back to default and changed the muti to x8. I also set my ram back up. I changed the FSB to 1350 (Which is only 2.7Ghz) At 1350 it reset during the loading bar. I then tried 1375. Same thing happened as the 1350. Finally I tried 1400 and once again it rebooted at the loading bar.

Does this mean on x9 multiplier I won't be able to run anywhere in between 1350 and 1400? What does this mean for me?

Is your Q6600 a G0 (Core Steping)? Those ones are the ones that overclock the best and are probably what you saw everyone talking about.
Yep, it's a G0.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom