2 Quick Questions... PSU & Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

myowngod

In Runtime
Aside from aesthetics... I cant see a difference in specs between these two mobos? is there something i'm missing that warrants the extra cost?:
Newegg.com - EVGA 132-BL-E758-A1 LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or
Newegg.com - EVGA 132-BL-E758-TR LGA 1366 Intel X58 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Also, I really like my corsair 750tx, would love to stick with them, but I'm building this new system planning on going 2 gtx285s with potential for a third if I ever find I need it... I know it's overkill, but its something I've always wanted to try :) and my monitors have gotten progressively larger every few months.... is the 850tx enough? if I need a 1k or higher... who makes good ones? (read reviews, but i never saw anything say "you need atleast Xwatts
"...
Thanks in advance!

850 would be enough for SLI...but I don't know about tri. You'd need about 95amps or something close to it for tri.

the boards, i'm not to sure. one is A1 and the other TR. The TR is $30 cheaper for some reason. Probably just a more updated board. Maybe ask on the evga forums.

Yeah, there is a difference. The TR version only has a 2 year warranty, whereas the A1 version has a lifetime warranty.

From EVGA website:
Part number suffix-warranty key:

Lifetime:
The EVGA limited lifetime warranty is only eligible for part numbers ending in:
-A1, -A2, -A3, -A4, -AR, -AX, -CR, -CX, -DX, -FR, -FX, -SG, -SX.
1+2:

EVGA 1 + 1 limited warranty only eligible for part numbers ending in:
-LA, -LE, -LR, -LX, -T1, -TR, -TX.

Make sure you register your board within thirty days after your purchase, or the lifetime warranty will be downgraded to 1 year, and the 2 year warranty will be downgraded to 1 year.

infowarrior45

Yeah, there is a difference. The TR version only has a 2 year warranty, whereas the A1 version has a lifetime warranty.

From EVGA website:

Make sure you register your board within thirty days after your purchase, or the lifetime warranty will be downgraded to 1 year, and the 2 year warranty will be downgraded to 1 year.

infowarrior45

Thank you for that, i was wondering... I think i'll save the extra money and deal with the warranty... given I'll probably end up upgrading in a year anyways... I can never leave well-enough alone..

as for the PSU... if 1000 is enough that sounds good to me.. I wish nvidia would say you need atleast this or that... but I guess different PSU's have different actual outputs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom