2 questions; is eSATA better than Firewire, what are artifacts/screen corruption?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think eSATA, has faster transfer speeds, than Firewire and USB....but Firewire and USB, allows for more length in their cables to transfer, than eSATA cables. Firewire and USB also allow for more than one device per channel, to be linked or daisy chained, while I think eSATA allows one.

To the best of my knowledge, an artifact is a loss of data or a defect, visible in an image or video. With gaming, it is usually seen, when the graphic card is overheating, or if it has been overclocked too far.

I think eSATA, has faster transfer speeds, than Firewire and USB....but Firewire and USB, allows for more length in their cables to transfer, than eSATA cables. Firewire and USB also allow for more than one device per channel, to be linked or daisy chained, while I think eSATA allows one.

To the best of my knowledge, an artifact is a loss of data or a defect, visible in an image or video. With gaming, it is usually seen, when the graphic card is overheating, or if it has been overclocked too far.

hmm interesting.........so just longer cables n allow multiple devices to be use? If i were to get an eSATA external HDD, would i not be able to use my keyboard n mouse when the HDD is in use? That's retarded. Still, length wouldnt be a problem for me.

i OCed my 6600 LE too far for one day n i dont remember seeing any problems with the picture, u mean like fade or loss of colors for example?

Thanks for answering b1gapl, ur the man now dog!

hmm interesting.........so just longer cables n allow multiple devices to be use? If i were to get an eSATA external HDD, would i not be able to use my keyboard n mouse when the HDD is in use? That's retarded. Still, length wouldnt be a problem for me.

i OCed my 6600 LE too far for one day n i dont remember seeing any problems with the picture, u mean like fade or loss of colors for example?

Thanks for answering b1gapl, ur the man now dog!

Why would you think, if the external eSATA is in use, you would not be able to use the keyboard or mouse? They're not in the same channel. Of course you can use the keyboard and mouse, while the eSATA is in use.

Artifacts in gaming, will be anything unusual, that you would not normally see, while playing a game. Like yellow or white dots, weird abstract shapes of white, black, or yellow...anything weird on the screen, that you would not usually see.

Why would you think, if the external eSATA is in use, you would not be able to use the keyboard or mouse? They're not in the same channel. Of course you can use the keyboard and mouse, while the eSATA is in use.

Artifacts in gaming, will be anything unusual, that you would not normally see, while playing a game. Like yellow or white dots, weird abstract shapes of white, black, or yellow...anything weird on the screen, that you would not usually see.

thats it really.... i have nothing to add....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom