2 Psu's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimReaper23

Fully Optimized
Ok my friend has a 6600 vanilla and it is drawing too much power from the mobo from the psu I was wondering If I can power it sepretly with another PSU and then turn it off so it doesn't draw the power from the mobo?

Don't think you can do it that way,If you wanted to use 2 psu's it would be better to run the cd-rom's and stuff like that off the second one,Or better yet just get a psu that can handle everything ;)

yeah seriously, just get a 480 or 450watt, whichever it was, Antec Truepower, its great.

you can actually run another PSU for the Gfx card. You need to get a piece of wire and stick it in the Green EArth pin of the PSU and to any of the black connectors and it should switch on, but just buy a new one that powers everything.

yes, but as previously stated, i would use it for the opticals, fans and maybe HDDs, as the gfx card draws alot of power through the AGP/PCI-E bus anyway.

joshd said:
yes, but as previously stated, i would use it for the opticals, fans and maybe HDDs, as the gfx card draws alot of power through the AGP/PCI-E bus anyway.
yea but they really can't afford a new PSU to handle everything unlike mine. thiers are like 400 watts. but the 12 volt is that high. I know about the Green and black wire but then see I was just thinking about having the good psu run the mobo cpu soundcard and then the graphics card and then having the other one the 8 fans and also the 2 hds and 2 opticals. the smaler psu is 250w with 13amps on 12v. do you think that this can handle it. I might be able to dig up another antec one that is 350 with similar specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom